$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
SP did not roll or dedicate any die to The Eye action. Does that mean fellowship can move without being hindered? I Guess only if they move the second time then i get to roll for a 6 to hunt them?

Can 2 armies siege a settlement from 2 different regions? 2 different regions of armies fighting minas tirith.

Also when a group of companions join an army. And the army moves. Can the group of companions follow as well? (Note that they are separated from the fellowship) or do they need to use a character die just to move the group with the army.

What does a character leadership mean in a battle? One leader one gimli (leadership #2). So when this army fights does it reroll 2 dies becoz of gimli and leader? Or 3 dice because of gim's bonus of 2?

Lastly. This group of companions fighting along with an army. The combat bonuses stack right? Meaning 2 companions makes it so that to get a hit is 3,4,5,6 on the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
waferjuice wrote:
SP did not roll or dedicate any die to The Eye action. Does that mean fellowship can move without being hindered? I Guess only if they move the second time then i get to roll for a 6 to hunt them?

No, they can move unhindered as long as there are no eyes in the hunt, the Shadow does not get to roll for the hunt at all. The character die would only give +1 to rolls, but since no hunt dice are rolled, it has no effect.

waferjuice wrote:
Can 2 armies siege a settlement from 2 different regions? 2 different regions of armies fighting minas tirith.

No, you can only attack with one army at a time. And if a siege ensues, the attacking army moves into the region with the stronghold, while the defenders go to the stronghold box.

waferjuice wrote:
Also when a group of companions join an army. And the army moves. Can the group of companions follow as well? (Note that they are separated from the fellowship) or do they need to use a character die just to move the group with the army.

They became part of the army and move along with the army when it moves.

waferjuice wrote:
What does a character leadership mean in a battle? One leader one gimli (leadership #2). So when this army fights does it reroll 2 dies becoz of gimli and leader? Or 3 dice because of gim's bonus of 2?

Gimli has a leadership of 1, so the army would re-roll 2 dice. His level is 2, but that is something different. It applies to hunt damage he can prevent, how far he can move and some combat card effects.

waferjuice wrote:
Lastly. This group of companions fighting along with an army. The combat bonuses stack right? Meaning 2 companions makes it so that to get a hit is 3,4,5,6 on the dice?

No, you misunderstood the combat ability of the companions - they do not give bonuses to the rolls, they add to combat strength. That means an army with less than 5 units can still roll up to 5 dice. Example: Gimli and Legolas (both combat strength +1) are with a smallish elven army of 2 elites. Normally the army would have a strength of 2 and roll 2 dice, but with the two companions it is at 4 and still rolls 4 dice in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waferjuice wrote:

If the shadow has zero dice allocated to the hunt for the ring then his "Hunt Level" is zero. During a hunt roll the shadow player rolls dice equal to his hunt level so he wouldn't roll any dice. Only shadow dice are counted towards the "Hunt Level".
The FPP dice added after moving the fellowship only give the shadow a +1 to the hunt roll (success on 5 & 6 instead of just 6 and so on)

PS. the shadow can never roll more than 5 dice

waferjuice wrote:

Firstly I would say that you can only attack enemies in an adjacent region and conduct a siege on enemies in the same region.
To your question I believe that is a No, you can't attack with 2 different armies with the Army action die (and certainly not the character die), you can only move 2 armies with it.
So you'd have to use a character die or army die to attack with one army and on your next turn attack with another army, making sure the region has no more than 10 units.[/q]

waferjuice wrote:

All friendly army units, leaders and characters in a region form an Army. With an Army die you can move 1 or 2 armies or attack with 1. You could also in this case use a Character die to move the Army as you have a character/leader in the army. You could also use a character die to just move all of your characters on the board up to their level, or up to the highest level character if moving together.

waferjuice wrote:

The leadership rating of an Army is the combined value of the number of leaders and the Leadership rating of all participating characters in the battle. So if a leader and Gimli (leadership 1) is in a battle that battle would provide the FPP with 2 leadership/rerolls.
Just to be clear though, a leader and a Character can't attack on their own. A leader without army units is removed from the board and a Character is unaffected by any enemy army.

waferjuice wrote:

Yes if the characters add one to combat strength in battle they stack, but you can never roll more than 5 dice regardless of your combat strength. So if you have a combat strength of 7; 5 army units and 2 characters you would only roll 5 dice not 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthoroc wrote:
...No, you misunderstood the combat ability of the companions - they do not give bonuses to the rolls, they add to combat strength. That means an army with less than 5 units can still roll up to 5 dice. Example: Gimli and Legolas (both combat strength +1) are with a smallish elven army of 2 elites. Normally the army would have a strength of 2 and roll 2 dice, but with the two companions it is at 4 and still rolls 4 dice in combat.

I am not sure about this? Combat strength as I understand it is based on the number of Army units. Leadership only affects re-rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true that Leadership doesn't contribute to Combat Strength, but certain Companions have a special ability (Captain of the West) that does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.