4 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stake Versus Multiple Vampires/Hoax rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff C
msg tools
Stake
Reveal this card before you search. If you reveal a vampire encounter or “Hoax,” discard both this card and that card.

If the hideout or lair searched in had both a vampire encounter and a Hoax (or for some reason multiple vampire encounters and/or Hoax encounters) would Stake remove all such encounter cards or can it only remove one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brigade wrote:
Stake
Reveal this card before you search. If you reveal a vampire encounter or “Hoax,” discard both this card and that card.

If the hideout or lair searched in had both a vampire encounter and a Hoax (or for some reason multiple vampire encounters and/or Hoax encounters) would Stake remove all such encounter cards or can it only remove one?

Just one. "a" and "that" are singular. When searching the hunters choose the order of resolution, so in the case of a hoax and a vampire, you can choose to discard the vampire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
DaveD wrote:
brigade wrote:
Stake

Just one. "a" and "that" are singular. When searching the hunters choose the order of resolution, so in the case of a hoax and a vampire, you can choose to discard the vampire.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I agree with your interpretation with one clarification. The stake card indicates to discard the encounter when the encounter is “revealed” not when it is “encountered”. So the Stake would apply before any encounters are resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brigade wrote:
I guess I agree with your interpretation with one clarification. The stake card indicates to discard the encounter when the encounter is “revealed” not when it is “encountered”. So the Stake would apply before any encounters are resolved.

I don't see the disagreement. Yes, the stake resolves at the reveal. But you still have to CHOOSE which encounter to apply it to. Both that encounter and stake are discarded. Then the remaining encounter will resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.