Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Reinerfelt
Sweden
Hörby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

In the Level2 encounter "Hunter", it says, under his "Camouflage" ability to reroll (hit symbol without number) for the player during shooting.

That it applies to any die-result that is a hit within my weapon's range is obvious but does it apply to other (too far) hit markers as well? (i.e. do I read the symbol on the card as "any real hit" or "any die result with a hit mark on"?)

What about hits created from [?] (e.g. rolling a [?] with a FABS-M5)? Are they re-rolled as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know that card in particular. I usually turn mutant before level 2. But the general trend for the game system is to apply blocks to the final result of the die roll, so a ? causing a hit would count as a hit for this purpose. I don't really know if this is correct or if it is what you are asking but I figured I would speak up so you wouldn't be alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Reinerfelt
Sweden
Hörby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but that goes for mêlée, where you can block.

This card's special ability is for the shooting-phase and does not involve blocking per se.

I suppose the conservative approach is that all hit-symbols beyond my weapon's range are already equivalent to [X] and all others (including [?], if they create hits) are re-rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make sense to me. I tend to agree with the Swedes on rules interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my interpretation as well, but Officially it will need to be confirmed by Gordon or one of the folks at Mighty Box (though I suspect they will concur).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
From what I remember of the rules anything not a hit becomes X

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.