Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just want to check this is okay. I had a veteran with a M249 Pen +1 and the skills, Machine gunner, Zeroed (+1 attack +1 defeat cover) and aggressive. I then kept back a Prep fire (DC6) and a steady aim. BMP appeared used cards adding +4 aim +2 aggressive +1 zeroed so auto hit and prep fire mean't a 6 +1 M249 pen and +1 DC for zeroed. I then expended one Xp to cause two hits. Was this all okay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricard
Spain
Ullastrell / Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defeat roll = 6(Prep fire) +1 (Penetration M249) +1(Zeroed) = 8
Attack roll = 10(Prep fire) +1(Zeroed) +2 (Stedy aim) = 13

BMP-1 and BMP-2 have both defeat cover 8, and M249 has Kill 7-8-9 in Ranges 0-1-2, so you kill one guy in a semiautomatic attack.

Machine Gunner card gives other kill in the same hostile card (BMP) if you expends 1XP.

So, I think it's okay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes - you are correct

if you want to visualise it...

BMP not closed up...
(or crew of a nervous disposition)

Driver, commander and possibly gunner heads up,
LMG cuts lose
perhaps casualties
perhaps stalled in a ditch on a log or what-ever
else perhaps dust as it exits the zone...

other thoughts...
LMG hit on rear door fuel tank, vision slits and/or ATGW missile.. so much that can cause problems...

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaBall wrote:
Just want to check this is okay. I had a veteran with a M249 Pen +1 and the skills, Machine gunner, Zeroed (+1 attack +1 defeat cover) and aggressive. I then kept back a Prep fire (DC6) and a steady aim. BMP appeared used cards adding +4 aim +2 aggressive +1 zeroed so auto hit and prep fire mean't a 6 +1 M249 pen and +1 DC for zeroed. I then expended one Xp to cause two hits. Was this all okay?

That's the hand Sylvester Stallone had when he took down the Hind with his bow and arrow in Rambo III
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.