Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

If I assault a half track With infantry inside what happens? Am I fighting the HT transport or the unit inside or both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not had that come up before so looking forward to the answer. We should have the draft of the new version of the rules in the next few weeks and hopefully they will do a better job of covering these situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this thread below seems to indicate you'd be assaulting the vehicle:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1159947/units-being-carriedt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok based on what I'm reading. Units inside a destroyed transport is suppressed and then moved to an available legal space next to the transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Grenier ou bedon Grognard
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
Ok based on what I'm reading. Units inside a destroyed transport is suppressed and then moved to an available legal space next to the transport.

Right on !

J.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I'm playing this game a lot at the moment and have the rules very fresh in my mind. As I think has already been said, you can't actually attack a unit inside a vehicle and have to attack the vehicle itself. If successful in attacking the vehicle and it's destroyed, the unit gets put on an adjacent hex chosen by the defending playing and gets a suppressed marker on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Surprise card? I know it specifies "window" but you know some rules lawyer or munchkin is going to argue that it should apply to vehicles as well as buildings...

(No, it does not.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
What about the Surprise card? I know it specifies "window" but you know some rules lawyer or munchkin is going to argue that it should apply to vehicles as well as buildings...

(No, it does not.)

Is that the official response or just your opinion? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:

If I assault a half track With infantry inside what happens? Am I fighting the HT transport or the unit inside or both?

As a point of clarification, where do the v1.2 rules indicate when a transport rider is "in" or "on"? I understand logical basis just looking if it is defined by some rule somewhere. Maybe 7 vs 2 transport capability? Just asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
martimer wrote:

(No, it does not.)

Is that the official response or just your opinion? devil
It is officially my opinion on the subject of the Surprise card.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All quoted rules are from v1.2b of the rulebook.

From Transport Special Ability (p. 18):
On p. 18 in the section on Transport ability, DPG wrote:
A unit inside a vehicle cannot be targeted and is not hit by blast patterns.

So it seems reasonable that a unit inside a vehicle cannot be targeted by an assault. That is clarified in the other thread.

Do note that friendly units inside a vehicle (that have been given an order) can assault out, assuming the vehicle survives of course
On p. 8 of the Vehicle rules, DPG wrote:
An assault can only be launched from a free space or a space belonging to a friendly vehicle with the Transport special ability (see p.18). It must be adjacent to the defender

If the vehicle is destroyed during the assault:
On p. 18 in the Transport ability, DPG wrote:
If the vehicle is destroyed, the troops inside take no damage, but must be redeployed on empty spaces adjacent to the wreck.
Units cannot be redeployed on spaces occupied by other units.
They can not be redeployed in a space within an enemy ZoC.
The units’ owner chooses where to redeploy them.
Place a Suppressed marker on each unit.
Any unit for which there is no available space died in the explosion.

On the subject of the Surprise card, the card is limited to only windows of buildings according to the card text. You and your opponent can certainly agree on house rules to the contrary, but that is what the card states.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.