Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Often forgotten rules?... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maybe we should make a list of the rules most people forget?...like these..

"If multiple investigators would resolve a horror check against the same monster, those investigators all resolve the same horror check."

And that you can interrupt a movement with another action and then continue with the movement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
This means that you only trigger one horror check in the app and resolve it independly for each investigator, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It means that if for exp 3 investigators are in range of the same monster and you press resolve a horror check then each investigator rolls against that check...you dont roll for first 1 investigator and then press a new horror check for the next investigator...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes what Marco said..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These ones

• If multiple monsters are within range of an investigator, he
resolves a horror check against only the monster with the
highest horror rating.

• If multiple investigators would resolve a horror check against
the same monster, those investigators all resolve the same
horror check.

Some items has specific actions on the inventory. People (like me) forgot to check

An investigator cannot gain multiple copies of the same Condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Krakoff
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the order OF (autocorrected somehow to office!) resolution and the usage of clue tokens during a steal action? Anyone have an official ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrakoff wrote:
order office resolution
?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You mean turn order?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkrakoff wrote:
How about the order office resolution and the usage of clue tokens during a steal action? Anyone have an official ruling?

Yes, I asked FFG previously... answer from designer at end of 1st post, more detail in the discussion...
Steal Action - Spending Clue Tokens during Opposed Test

Basically... you both roll, record results, then it's a free-for-all to spend Clues & activate abilities to convert/re-roll dice, until you're both finished, then resolve.

EDIT: Note how this differs to resolution of Push actions... there the investigator being pushed rolls & converts/re-rolls dice first, to set a "target" score, before the active investigator even rolls their dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, it makes the difference between pushing someone off guard who will have a natural resistance of some sort that you have to overcome, versus struggling against someone to steal an item from them.

I like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One I needed clarified:

When taking damage that exceeds your health or sanity, FIRST fully resolve all the damage and any effects surrounding what gave the damage before committing to the wound.

Mouthful, but i had a situation in my last game where I was told to take damage, and then flip ALL my damage cards face-up, all while exceeding my health. Thankfully, half my cards (upon being flipped up) discarded themselves, or flipped back down, leaving me safely under my health threshold when everything was done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.