Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About a month or two ago, I searched for online stores that would allow you to trade in games for store credit and I found two stores. The first was Noble Knight Games, and I can't remember the name of the second. When I just now searched again for those same businesses, I couldn't find the second store, only Noble Knight. I don't remember the company being difficult to find, so perhaps they went out of business? Does anyone know what company I am talking about? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you run the Trade Manager filtered down to Georgia and North Carolina, you can quickly find these two, along with possible trades you have with them:

CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think there may be another, but the name escapes me right now. If any of the main online stores that do *not* have membership here allow trades, someone else will surely be able to help with that information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dealt with Alex before and it was a great experience. If I had better games to trade in right now I'd consider it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:

If you run the Trade Manager filtered down to Georgia and North Carolina, you can quickly find these two, along with possible trades you have with them:

CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BoardGameCo
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think there may be another, but the name escapes me right now. If any of the main online stores that do *not* have membership here allow trades, someone else will surely be able to help with that information.

Boardgameco was the name I couldn't remember. Thanks! I need to brush up on my GoogleFu. All also take a look at CLS games or any other site that someone else recommends. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
imho you are probably better off selling the games via the bgg marketplace... then using the proceeds to buy new games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most things in life, it's a question of effort versus reward. You can definitely get more out of your games by selling them individually than by trading them to a for-profit business. But then you're doing the work that the business would otherwise be doing to make that same money. Sometimes a bulk trade just makes more sense from a time valuation perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Barronmore wrote:
I've dealt with Alex before and it was a great experience. If I had better games to trade in right now I'd consider it.

I can second this. I'm (extremely) new to trading using BGG and Alex was prompt, helpful and professional. It's a bit like trading in game discs at Gamestop used to be; I didn't choose to do it this time, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Little
United States
Bonner Springs
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex is a good trader. In my experience, CLS is totally not worth the bother. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.