Subject: Other tetronimo and Pentomino combinations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hunter Clark
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just ordered this game because it looks absoultely fascinating. I read your note on you play testing other shapes. Have you ever tried using all of the pentominos that are in "pent up" or maybe even having a supply of two of each shape?

Were there any combinations that were almost as intersting as using the F piece?

I can't wait to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
clark94 wrote:
I just ordered this game because it looks absoultely fascinating. I read your note on you play testing other shapes. Have you ever tried using all of the pentominos that are in "pent up" or maybe even having a supply of two of each shape?

Were there any combinations that were almost as intersting as using the F piece?

I can't wait to try it out.

Thank you, Hunter.

I've tried all 12 'flat' pentominoes (Pent-up pieces don't work because they're not as thick as the side of the base square, so for the playtesting I had to cut them smaller. Only 3D printing allows me to create bigger pieces). Most of them didn't work (such as the 'U' or the long ones) and others were not interesting enough.

I'm now testing 'spatial' pentominoes (those that are not fully flat), but for now only one is promising. Most of them create overhangs (illegal) too often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.