Popular Tags: [View All]
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So I bought the game Wednesday when it came back in stock at my local store and managed to do a very fast paint job on all the minis just in time for our Friday game night. I decided against using the stock monster bases for two reasons: 1) they are huge and, 2) the stat card is completely unnecessary to be with the mini. I had a bunch of bases from the Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter and used those by drilling a hole in them. I didn't even need to glue them down in case for some reason I need to use stock bases.

I don't own the first edition but wanted to be able to play the monsters so I stuck one copy of all the monster cards into a sheet for coin collecting. I can then just proxy the other minis for the monsters I don't have. (Although I will be purchasing the just announced expansions that allow people like to me get in on 1st ed. minis and tiles.) At some point, I'm going to scan all the cards and just make a printable player's aid because I can get them all on one sheet plus have the back side printed with the front.

This card holder is a must-have since it allows for all the spells and conditions to be separated out and easy to access. I ordered six of them from the following site and use them all the time for other games as well: http://www.displays2go.com/P-8339/Business-Card-Holders-With... I can stick this whole thing back into the box without removing the cards.

Finally, I stuck all of my tokens in this Plano 3500 that I can buy at Walmart for under $4. You need to call Plano to receive extra dividers, which they will send to you for free! Here's their number: 800-226-9868.

We had a lot of fun for our first scenario. There were five players and it took 3.5 hours! I might want to limit it to 4 players next time. But the game scaled pretty well. Two hours into the game though, I had to exit the app to lower the screen brightness and when I returned, it went to the opening menu. I panicked for a second thinking that our game was ruined since I hadn't saved when exiting but was relieved that it had auto-saved for me.

Two rules question came up: If you get the same condition twice (e.g. Dazed), do you take both cards or just one? If you take both, does it take two turns to get rid of the condition (1 the first turn and the second the next turn)?

Do doors automatically close so in counting range, you don't count adjacent rooms connected by doors, correct? In other words, you can't
shoot into an adjacent room through a door nor make horror checks limited by doors and walls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot get a condition twice. In the rules somewhere. I just give the player a set of 5 condition cards (there's 5 sets) and they can put them out as they need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome storage..
1:no
2:this is the 1920s so all the doors close behind you because you are a polite person..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a fast paint job!? Aw man, that depresses me. For me to paint to that quality would take a long time....if I could reach it. You have inspired me though....I ordered some clear bases from litko and some coin pouch sheets. The painting....we'll see how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done all of the above save for the coin sheets and the bases. Like you, I too was thinking that the monster card wasn't necessary. I think I might follow your example after I've painted my minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife laughs at me because most times when I buy a game at the FLGS, I have to stop by Walmart to get a Plano tackle box so I can organize as I unbox.

I love the card holder, it looks perfect for keeping all the condition cards separated out and available. Thanks a million for posting the link!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
More thanks here for the card holder suggestion. It looks like the thing was made specifically for the game! I bought an extra one, and now need to find a game to bling it with! Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse F
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Does all of that stuff fit in the box? How would the card holder keep the cards from falling out inside the box if you wanted to take the game to a friends place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LAKingsGeek wrote:
Does all of that stuff fit in the box? How would the card holder keep the cards from falling out inside the box if you wanted to take the game to a friends place?

All of this does fit in the box, although I put the miniatures in a separate little box since they are painted. If yours are unpainted, you can just throw them into the box with everything else.

You do have to be careful carrying the box with the card holder and cards in them so they don't fall out. Sometimes they will flip forward but I've managed to have them stay in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.