Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Solarius Mission» Forums » Rules

Subject: Settling several planets in one turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santi
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 15 of the rulebook, it says "The player may settle several planets already discovered and turned up in one turn"

How is it possible if settling a planet occurs on the sole space where your ship ends its space flight for the turn?

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot. This sentence is not translated well. The meaning of this in the german rule book is, that already explored and not taken planets, which still are laying faceup in space, can be taken in later turns by any player.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ode - I hope that you're subscribed to this thread rather than making a new one ...

Is it possible to settle face-up planets during a space flight turn which ends completing a mission or building a space station?

Or is it that once you've decided to settle planets is that the only way you can end your turn? (for example possibly settling multiple face-up planets as you fly by and ending on a face-down planet which you may choose to settle or get resources from?)

---

In either case can you settle a face-up planet that you took resources from in the last space-flight turn you took? So you'd currently be on top of that face-up planet and it would be your starting hex for your next space flight turn. Related: can you fly by and settle a face-up planet another player's ship is currently on? (The other player must have taken resources from that planet in their last space-flight turn)

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:

Is it possible to settle face-up planets during a space flight turn which ends completing a mission or building a space station?


No.

telos81 wrote:

Or is it that once you've decided to settle planets is that the only way you can end your turn? (for example possibly settling multiple face-up planets as you fly by and ending on a face-down planet which you may choose to settle or get resources from?)


It works this way:

1. You choose where to fly. You can fly 0 spaces. Or the maximum you can afford.
2. The space you finish your flight determines what you can do.
3. After your flight you perform one of the three possible action you can do after a space flight.
4. If possible erect an outpost.

telos81 wrote:

In either case can you settle a face-up planet that you took resources from in the last space-flight turn you took?


Yes.

You can exploit a planet in one turn and after exploiting yur flight is over. You stay there. Next turn you can start colonizing the planet. You don't have to fly. You can stay put and colonize the planet...

telos81 wrote:

Related: can you fly by and settle a face-up planet another player's ship is currently on?


No, the planet is blocked until the other player leaves.

telos81 wrote:

Thanks!


Anytime. Hope you do not feel too frustrated on our next play... ;-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
You cannot. This sentence is not translated well. The meaning of this in the german rule book is, that already explored and not taken planets, which still are laying faceup in space, can be taken in later turns by any player.

Oh! Right. So you can never settle more than 1 planet in 1 turn. In order to settle a planet you must end your flight on top of the planet - doesn't matter if it's face up or face down. (including the option of flying 0 spaces to settle the planet you just exploited)

Much more clear to me now! Pretty sure we've been playing correctly
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:

Oh! Right. So you can never settle more than 1 planet in 1 turn. In order to settle a planet you must end your flight on top of the planet - doesn't matter if it's face up or face down. (including the option of flying 0 spaces to settle the planet you just exploited)


Yes!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.