14 Posts

Solarius Mission» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Questions need to be clarified!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vice port
msg tools
Hello:
I read the rules twice, but I still wanna to clarify some detail parts.

1. Page 6
"The space ship is placed on/next to the home planet in the center of space."

For a 4-player game, it means 4 space ships are all put together on Home Planet at the beginning?

2. Page 6
"Now the players put one planet per planet space on the
game board (space)"

It means that starting planets are randomly put on planet space?

3. Hand limit

If I have 2 progress cards in hand, then I conduct "Drawing progress cards" action.
First I draw 2 progress cards, now I have 4 cards in hand.

Do I need to discard 1 card right now for hand limit? and then discard another card for "Drawing progress cards" action.
Or I just discard 1 card for "Drawing progress cards" action then my hand is 3.

4.Page 14
"A planet bringing 2 victory points allows the player to take any 2
resources".

These planet bonuses can be any combination? I think it's right?

5. Page 16
If a player completes his first mission at a specific commercial hub which has been built, he may freely select any one of the six outpost bonuses.
And if his mission symbol is the first of its kind in the outer space tile, he can also build outpost and uses the outpost bonus?
It means he can get 2 outpost bonus? one is free choice of outposts and the other is the outpost with mission symbol.

6. Page15
"The player may settle several planets already discovered and turned up (both by other players or himself in an earlier turn) in one turn"
When I end my flight, I can settle a planet. That's it!
So how can I settle several planets in one turn?

7. Page19
"Finally, all players compare the number of their own
playing figures that are all connected within the range of their own space ships"

The word "connected" means that playing figures are all need to be adjacent?

Sorry for so many Questions.
Thanks for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Question need to be clarified!!
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. First complete the action, then chck your limit. In your case you have 3 cards after the action. No need to discard. But actually: Either way - the outcome would be the same.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Please see here.
7. The range is calculated by adding up the numbers of your drives. So if you have range 5 there may be 4 spaces between your playing figures and they are "connected within your range". The range is normally max 7. But there is a development with an additional drive so it can be 8 for one player max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vice port
msg tools
Re: Some Question need to be clarified!!
Thanks for clarification.
I have a new question.

If I have no Starbucks.
Can I use Starbucks that are exchanged from progress card 22 to buy additional action points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
msg tools
mbmb
bayerbube wrote:

7. The range is calculated by adding up the numbers of your drives. So if you have range 5 there may be 4 spaces between your playing figures and they are "connected within your range". The range is normally max 7. But there is a development with an additional drive so it can be 8 for one player max.

Hi Odes

Thanks for being so active in responding to questions. I have what is probably a stupid follow-up question in relation to the above. The wording in the English rules states:

"...all players compare the number of their own playing figures...that are all connected within the range of their own space ships."

I've assumed that this means the longest connected chain of my pieces beginning at my space ship. A 'connection' being made if the number of hexes between one of my pieces and the next is the same or less than my current range value. But the wording could also be interpreted as that the counted playing figures should all be 'in range' of the hex on which my space ship ends the game..?

Could you help clarify? Big thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The space ship is ignored in the final scoring. The range of the spaceship (not to it) is the important variable here. So, if the range of your spaceship is 5 (because of your drives), your space station and your colony on a planet, that have a distance of 5, are connected.

You count your biggest cluster of your pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so your space ship location doesn't matter. That's good to know. (Goes to upload a new version of the condensed rules...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Ah, so your space ship location doesn't matter. That's good to know. (Goes to upload a new version of the condensed rules...)

No, only the range of your space ship is important to make a connection between discs, octogons and cubes... Unthematic speaking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If my range is 3, and I have this:

A[][]B[][]C

ie. A is within the range with B and B is within the range with C, but A is not within the range with C, do I score 2 or 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
If my range is 3, and I have this:

A[][]B[][]C

ie. A is within the range with B and B is within the range with C, but A is not within the range with C, do I score 2 or 3?

You score three because your ship could jump withing its range from A to B and then from B to C...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Shaw

Central
msg tools
mbmb
bayerbube wrote:
The space ship is ignored in the final scoring. The range of the spaceship (not to it) is the important variable here. So, if the range of your spaceship is 5 (because of your drives), your space station and your colony on a planet, that have a distance of 5, are connected.

You count your biggest cluster of your pieces.

Many thanks! This is actually what we did on our first 'practice' run!

But then we read the rules again and thought it might be the connections in range starting from the space ship. And then I really started to overthink things and wondered if the wording meant literally from space ship (i.e. each piece had to be within range of the ship!)

Thanks for clarifying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, once again this is crystal clear – but not based on the rulebook. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
Ok, once again this is crystal clear – but not based on the rulebook. Thanks!

I disagree. But that would be a judgement call...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Connected within the range of their own space ships" is very easy to read as "within the range from the space ship". Perhaps it's clearer in German, but that's somewhat ambiguous. "Connected" is a bit fuzzy term.

Now that I know the correct rule, it's easy to understand, but if you don't know the rule, getting from the rules text to the correct understanding is not completely straightforward...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.