Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm writing up some tacticas for the factions that I know (i.e.: the Cardassians as a very nice person on here showed off all their Advancement cards in one of the forums), and am using what I know of the other factions for comparisons.

I have my copy on its way, but it doesn't mean I cannot put some work into figuring out how each faction works while its onroute. So I decided, since I'm sure other people are curious too, I'd put up a thread here detailing what we know so far about all the factions from what has been shown on the homepage and the videos people have done so far.

For the sake of respect, I will not be using the titles of the cards as some effort to avoid giving away too much info (if you want to know what the abilities are, you can do your own gorram research!).

So here we go!

Federation
Limit: Cannot Invade planets; Cannot Colonize Pre-Warp Civilizations
Bonus 1: Gain +1 Culture when they draw a Civilization Card or discover a Phenomena
Bonus 2: Add +1 to the dice result of your Hegemony Attempts

Fleets
Generic Fleet/ Battlefleet (6): May reroll To Hit Rolls of 1 in Space battles

Colonization (3): On your turn, you may discard a ship from this Fleet and Disband this Fleet to immediately Colonize an undeveloped System without spending a Culture.
Diplomatic (3): May re-roll Hegemony Roll's in this fleet's System.
Science (4): When this fleet braves a Hazard, only roll for one Ship. This Fleet may Brave a Hazard of a Phenomena they occupy without spending a Command.

Advancement Deck
1. (3; Warp) Impulse Speed increases by +1
2. (3; Warp) You may connect +1 extra Space Lane to Systems beyond their max number of connections
3. (4) When your Hegemony Attempts are successful, taking Control of the System does not require spending an additional Culture.
4. (4; Warp) When Braving a Hazard, your Ships gain a +1 Shield modifier.
5. (4; Warp) When Discovering a New System, draw two Disk and choose one. Place the other at the bootom of the stack.
6. (4; Warp) When you Colonize a System, you may immediately develop a Production Node for no cost if the system's Capability allows.
7. (5) During Reasource Generation, take 1 Research for each Starbase you Control.

Klingon
Limit: Cannot Retreat from Combat
Bonus 1: Gain +1 Culture when you destroy 3+ ships in a Space Battle
Bonus 2: Your 6's on To Hit dice always hit, regardless of target's shields

Fleets
Generic (10): n/a

Assault (6): May reroll To Hit Rolls of 1 in Planetary Invasions.
Battle Group (6): May reroll To Hit Rolls of 1 in Space Battles.
Maurauders(4): May re-roll Hegemony Roll's in this fleet's System. Gain 1 Production Resource for each Enemy Ship Destroyed.

Advancement Deck
1. (3; Warp) When Invading a Planet, you may reroll any of your Failed to Hit Rolls in the first round of Combat
2. (3) When you destroy a Rival's Resource Node in an Invasion,take 2 tokens of the matching type from the Supply.
3. (4) You may use a Command to place 1 Ship, for free, in any System you control in which you do not currently have any Ships.
4. (4) During your Build phase, place 1 free Ship at Every Starbase you Control
5. (4; Command; Warp) Your system's Hegemony Resistance is Increased by +1.
6. (4; Warp) In each round of a Space battle, instead of Rolling to hit you may destroy any of your Ships to destroy the same number of rival ships.
7. (4; Warp) When you Initiate a Space battle and Win with no Casulaties, refresh a Command Token

Romulan
Limit: Exhaust Trade Agreements when you receive them.
Bonus 1: Gain +1 Culture when you complete an Advancement Card with a Culture Token on it.
Bonus 2: Your ships have First Strike in Space battles during your Turn.

Fleets
Generic Fleet (9): n/a

Battle Group (6): May reroll To Hit Rolls of 1 in Space battles
Mining (4): Once per turn, if this Fleet Occupies an Underderveloped System or Phenomena, it may spend 1 Command to take 2 Production.
Science (4): When this fleet braves a Hazard, only roll for one Ship. This Fleet may Brave a Hazard of a Phenomena they occupy without spending a Command.

Advancement Deck
1. (4; Warp; Warp)
2. (4; Warp; Command) Your System's Hegemony Resistance is Increased by 1.
3. (4; Warp) Your Fleets ignore the first Casualty in each Round of Space Battles
4. (4; Culture) On your Turn, you may Exhaust this card to Exhaust a Rival's Espionage or Military Advancement with whom you've made contact.
5. (4; Culture; Warp) When you launch a new Project, place one Research token from the Supply on the new Project
6. (4; Culture; Warp) In Planetary Invasions, your Nodes have First Strike
7. (5; Warp) Rival Ships no longer block your Ship's movement. When attacked, your Ships may enter Warp without a Command - canceling the space battle and refreshing the Attacker's Command token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the klingon marauders fleet do not reroll hegemony rolls, they instead give you 1 production for each enemy ship destroyed by the fleet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the klingon marauders fleet do not reroll hegemony rolls, they instead give you 1 production for each enemy ship destroyed by the fleet.

Oh whoops! Ment to write that! Ty :D

I created the federation first and Copy-Pasted the template. Some spelling errors slip past it seems. Ty for noticing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.