Boba Fett
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
So I've always been interested in Mansions of Madness and the price always kind threw me off a bit (more the wife than me to be honest ) and when I saw that they were adding an app portion of the game in 2nd edition i was really intrigued. Then i saw the price for 115 CAD. and I thought oh boy i'm never going to be able to convince the wife of that. Mansion of Madness seems to have a lot less components. now im assuming the 2nd edition doesn't have all the extra add ons as well correct? I currently have Descent 2nd edition and also saw they added a cool app to it. So im going to give that a whirl for sure. I was really excited for this game and to always try to play it but is it worth it now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
The second edition is way better than the 1nd. Compared to descent, Mansions of Madness is much more about storys and horror atmosphere.

For me it was the price worth, its that much better that i just threw all 1nd edition cards and stuff away and just keepd the monsters, investigators and tiles

Also make sure you paint your miniatures, its great fun and also good to display, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLwQyYnaQc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
¡ʎɐpɥʇɹᴉq ʎddɐH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darkreaver1980 wrote:
The second edition is way better than the 1nd. Compared to descent, Mansions of Madness is much more about storys and horror atmosphere.

For me it was the price worth, its that much better that i just threw all 1nd edition cards and stuff away and just keepd the monsters, investigators and tiles

Also make sure you paint your miniatures, its great fun and also good to display, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irLwQyYnaQc

Nicely done! I just finished the first Star Spawn, but will probably concentrate on getting all the investigators done before I move onto the other monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.