Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Massdrop is selling an Ascension bundle for $58.24 shipped, which includes the three most recent large Ascension sets.

This is 26% off the lowest price for all three sets - the Cardhaus price below. You are paying $19.41 per set, rather than the average low of $25.99.

Cardhaus $77.97
CSI $79.47
Amazon $94.78

Ascension: Dawn of Champions
Ascension: Dreamscape
Ascension X: War of Shadows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Massdrop] Ascension: Dawn of Champions, Dreamscape, War of Shadows $58.24 shipped (26% off)
Are those fun?

Lets say I liked the first two sets and wasn't in love with the second two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Re: [Massdrop] Ascension: Dawn of Champions, Dreamscape, War of Shadows $58.24 shipped (26% off)
Dawn of Champions ended up being the most fun of all the expansions we've played (we haven't gotten the most recent two yet). It's definitely not the "best" of all the expansions in terms of game design and might even be completely broken, but man... Is it ever fun. It adds a player-specific card and power set and mixes up a lot of the core ideas.

The newest ones seem to have been received well, but at this point I'm skeptical of any Ascension expansion review because the only people buying them are in it for 10 expansions already. That said, the night/day mechanic in Ascension X sounds like it could be really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Are those fun?

If you liked the first two specifically for their straightforward simplicity and relative balance, then I'd steer clear of anything more recent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For solo, Dreamscape tops the charts for me with Dawn of Champions + Realms Unraveled following up in second. Ascension X is third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Are those fun?

That's surprising, I think Storm Of Shadows and Immortal Heroes are the best 2 set of all of Ascension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great deal for a physical copy, but the app has ruined the physical copy for me.

The app is a great bang for buck for those interested in a digital version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
Great deal for a physical copy, but the app has ruined the physical copy for me.

As great as the digital implementation is the preview row variant is the only way I'll even consider playing Ascension now and it's unfortunately not an option in the app.

Greatly improves the game by reducing luck and adding interesting decisions. I'd rather play one physical game with a 5x2 preview row than 2-4 games digitally in the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
NuMystic wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

As great as the digital implementation is the preview row variant is the only way I'll even consider playing Ascension now and it's unfortunately not an option in the app.

Greatly improves the game by reducing luck and adding interesting decisions. I'd rather play one physical game with a 5x2 preview row than 2-4 games digitally in the same time.

0.0.0.83? Interesting IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strmtrper6 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Gejayge wrote:

0.0.0.83? Interesting IP.

Not my IP, that was just the truncated url.

Fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Light
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why isn't this marked Dead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zehner

Indiana
msg tools
Looks like there was a price mistake but they are still honoring the people who got in on the drop. Good for them! I'm happy too as I was one of those people.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ascension-bundle/talk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! This was a fantastic price - and these are three sets I need to complete my collection - but I was worried it was too good to be true.

Will have to order more there in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.