Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In advance of playing my first P&P I've developed a small paragraph for each god explaining its motivations, as it were. Two of the players have never heard of Glorantha before so it seemed useful.

I've put these on a player aids which I'll happily upload. However if this is stepping on Sandy's toes I'll stop right now. Prose is rather prolix in places...

Hell Mother laments
The word was perfect when it was none but us. It was dark, cool and quiet and my children could eat their fill. Then Sun God came and burnt the surface world so we retreated to Hell to escape his fires. For a while we lived well but then Sun God was cut down and came to Hell. Sun Gods burns us and consumes our food. Now Chaos comes creeping in and the world falls apart. I must risk everything to save my children.

Sun God proclaims
The world was perfect when I ruled over it from the Heavens. There was a place for everything and everything knew its place. Then storm ruined everything. He discovered Death and brought disorder. He challenged my rule and to show him true leadership I let him strike me down. Now I rule from Hell and the Chaos beasts unleashed by Storm ravage the lands. Soon the other gods will come to me and bend the knee and only then will I save the world.

Storm God exults
The world was dull and boring. There was no life, no growth, no change. Then my father tore the sky from the earth and I filled the air with breath. I challenged the weak and feeble Sun God and cast him down to Hell. Now there is freedom but it comes with a price. Chaos advances so I will muster my forces and inspire all the gods to rise up to save the world. Together we will make a new world even greater than the past.

Chaos
The world is pain and despair and misery and suffering. It is a disease, an abomination. Only nothing can bring us release so I will unravel this world and all within it. When my job is done we will return to the primal void where once again we will know peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bruce I love it ! I'll use those when introducing the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thank you. That helped answer one of my other posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sol Kanar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you written the same for the 4 other gods?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mormorod wrote:
Have you written the same for the 4 other gods?

No. I only had the core set PnP in front of me at the time. I could certainly think of doing more. In many ways the core 4 are a lot easier.

E.g. The Moon would be something like
"Once, all was balance and it was perfect. Under me, light and dark, chaos and life, feminine and masculine were all facets of the same harmony. Then the young gods came and took what they wanted by force. As the Storm raged, what was life became death and chaos leaked through the wounds. Once a natural force, chaos now multiplies like cancer and wracks us all with pain. To heal the world, I must restore the balance so that once again we are all us. Those who resist will perish."

The followers of the Invisible God would tell us
The world is a natural phenomenon and perfection is a subjective judgement. Over it all is the Invisible God but the uneducated prefer to believe in gods they can see. Their primitive beliefs have engendered demons that now run rampant across the world, threatening its dissolution. Only we can save the world from these wrong thoughts.

That's only an idea and done pretty quickly during a coffee break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Andriot
France
flag msg tools
The thing with the Moon is that... its a complicated one.

I think she is present as a kind of "What If" scenario, because cannonicly Sedenya sort of died in the gods war... except not really, or not entirely (maybe ? I think...). But yeah she is all about balance and cycles and she does not fear Chaos wich freak out the other gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Mason
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decarcassor wrote:
The thing with the Moon is that... its a complicated one.

I think she is present as a kind of "What If" scenario, because cannonicly Sedenya sort of died in the gods war... except not really, or not entirely (maybe ? I think...). But yeah she is all about balance and cycles and she does not fear Chaos wich freak out the other gods.

Indeed and of course the Gods War was written by the winners. So I was trying to guess what Sedenya might have said before it all went wrong and how to square her acceptance* of chaos with its role in the Gods War.

*Not sure acceptance is the right word. I suspect I'm lacking in illumination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
deleriad wrote:
how to square her acceptance* of chaos with its role in the Gods War.

Roughly the parallel of our current governments approach to nuclear power. A useful tool when controlled by us, a necessary evil when used as a weapon to stop worse outrages against us, and something to be feared and stopped when our enemies get hold of it...

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.