Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retreat to the not revealed rebel base? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the situation that the probe deck was empty but the location of the rebel base not revealed. I as the imperial moved my big fleet to a system that was adjacent to the base and retreated after the first battle round to the system with the base, thus revealing it. The system was legal because there was no system available that was either imperial or containing imperial troops. Did we miss something? Is the base revealed automaticaly once the probe deck is empty?

Another question: My opponent played Rapid Mobilization later in the game and moved ground units to the revealed base. Is that possible and can you even start a combat this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The base is not auto-revealed when the probe deck is empty.

I think the function of RM that moves units to the base only works if the base is not revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "If the Rebel base is not revealed, move up to 5 units from 1 system to the 'Rebel Base' space, ignoring adjacency."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it says that right on the card. The option to move units cannot be taken if the base is revealed while Rapid Mobilization resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, did not read the card text myself. Than it is obvious of course.

The retreat thing was played correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringl wrote:

Indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringl wrote:
Oops, did not read the card text myself. Than it is obvious of course.

That's right. Also don't forget your opponent would need transport for those ground units as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringl wrote:
... and retreated after the first battle round to the system with the base, thus revealing it.

Just to hit on the other restrictions for retreat: There can be no Rebel units in the system you retreat to. Also, your fleet could not retreat if it includes the Death Star.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, for purposes of retreating - if you see a system that is empty (no Rebel units) - and you retreat into it, including ground troops - is that movement disallowed if it contains the (at that point, unrevealed) Rebel Base?

And if it is allowed, would that retreat then begin *another* combat as the units on the Rebel Base get placed on the system?

Sorry if this is obvious, I just got this on the table last night and ran into quite a bit of ambiguity in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantZilla1979 wrote:
So, for purposes of retreating - if you see a system that is empty (no Rebel units) - and you retreat into it, including ground troops - is that movement disallowed if it contains the (at that point, unrevealed) Rebel Base?

And if it is allowed, would that retreat then begin *another* combat as the units on the Rebel Base get placed on the system?

Sorry if this is obvious, I just got this on the table last night and ran into quite a bit of ambiguity in the rulebook.

Yes it is possible to retreat to a spac with hidden base. After retreat is done base is revealed and a new battle will start.

But retreat must be to loyal system or system with prescence of your units AND no oponnents units. If that is THE case then yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.