Popular Tags: [View All]
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have been trying creative tactics in Kindred Fire. One of them is strategic retreat. This opens up some questions about large monster movement around obstacles and terrain.

If a monster's orders are to "engage closest hero" and the hero is too far away to engage in one action does the monster move two actions consecutively to get through terrain/obstacles or is the monster required to do only one movement action (and possibly losing movement points due to terrain/obstacles) and then cycle through the action list til we get back to "engage" action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It performs 1 action at a time, getting as close as it can with 1 move action.

If that is unsatisfying to you, look ahead to see if it will do anything else before cycling back to "engage". If not, use 2 move actions at once and threaten the heroes more. No opponent means no one is upset if you break the rules to make the game more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Under normal circumstances each engage should be done separately (it is faster than joined together) however in the case you describe, where the monster would get stuck I would rule it to do the double move.

The strategic retreat is a viable tactics, with fast heroes you can outrun the big monsters, but if you let them stuck somewhere it is just a way how to spoil your game. It reminds me the situation of the computer RPGs where you fight a boss and let him stuck behind some misplaced texture. You can win, but will that be an epic victory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.