Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: My DIY storage solution - all expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Transporting the entire series of Arkham Horror w/expansions has begun to test my patience (as well as the capacity of my car), so I've been looking for a suitable box large enough for all the components.

Finding only insanely expensive cutlery boxes, and having no need for further cutlery, I decided to make my own. Using only the tools in my shed and having literally no experience with carpentry, I made this three-compartment box:

The lid contains all the playing boards, rulebooks and monster tokens:

The first drawer, all the tokens:

And the second drawer holds ALL of the cards:

(Because of my aforementioned lack of carpentry skills, the fourth row of cards didn't fit in the right way).

So, I'm quite happy with my new Arkham Horror box. It weighs a bit more than I anticipated, and a few of the measurements are a bit off, but it beats having to dig through nine different boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! Maybe a couple of handles on the sides for easy transport

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful job. It's great when you find that perfect item that just manages to fit everything. Thanks for sharing -- I always love to see these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Shiels
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice, well done. Are you going to add some decorations and accessories as well or leave it as it is? (Which still looks great by the way)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.