United States
Raleigh / Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
BlueLineGameStudios.com
badge
BlueLine Game Studios - Digital Tabletop games since 2011
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found it very useful that games which have iOS apps have the little icon, price, link section in the "Official Links" section of the page (see Ticket to Ride).

Is there a similar system for Steam games? My perspective could be skewed since I make digital board games for Steam so I spend a lot of time there, but it seems that things are shifting and more major titles are coming out on Steam (there are over 100, mostly big-name, board games on Steam so far, and a lot of big titles scheduled for release).

If there is a system for that already, how does one submit that information? I know how to submit a link in general but most games seem to have about a hundred links, so it's kind of hard to suss out the steam links. I'll try to submit all of the links to existing games if this feature exists.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for this.

It may of course be that the App Store sends BGG a bung for hosting links, but who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Radiant
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh while we're at it, how about Board Game Arena as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
mb
SeanColombo wrote:
I know how to submit a link in general but most games seem to have about a hundred links, so it's kind of hard to suss out the steam links.

Online stores are specifically disallowed in the web links section.

The iOS integration is there (via videogamegeek's "adapted from boardgame" relationship, and the admin-only "iTunes" field on VGG versions (example) specifically because of their affiliate scheme, which indeed gives BGG income when you buy through that link (same as with Amazon links).
If Steam were added, then why not also Google Play, gog.com, etc, etc? Lots of effort - and lots of clutter - for little benefit to BGG (excepting if these stores also had affiliate schemes).

What you can do, as a first useful step, is to make certain these videogame adaptations of boardgames already exist on videogamegeek, have the "adapted from boardgame" relationship set, and include a "Downloadable Content" edition for all the applicable platforms (so the VGG version isn't "Steam edition", but "Downloadable Windows edition", "Downloadable Linux edition", etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.