Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI for anyone not following the P500 "Made the Cut" thread for The Hunted. Greg says that The Hunters P500 will not just be a straight-up third printing.
It will be a "Deluxe Edition" for all intents and purposes, although not described as such. It will have patrol maps, kommandant cards, integrated rules and also new U-boat types, such as the Type I, X, XIV and a what-if type.
So anyone who does not own The Hunters would be well advised to go ahead and pre-order, and anyone who wasn't interested because they thought there was nothing new, should also pre-order their copy..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT ought to change the P500 name and description to reflect this change. Not every Hunters fan is on this site or Consimworld site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a link to this news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there he an update pack for those of use who already have the hunters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:

According to the other thread that appears to be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Guelph wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

According to the other thread that appears to be the case.

Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavs Fan wrote:
GMT ought to change the P500 name and description to reflect this change. Not every Hunters fan is on this site or Consimworld site.

Agreed, not all fans of the game know to come here. Which is why I brought up the suggestion in The Hunted P500 "Made the Cut" thread. Unfortunately though, Greg says GMT does not want to change the description.
This is to at least let folks who might happen upon this forum know that the P500 is the equivalent of a deluxe edition, even though it doesn't say so..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if GMT won't change the description on their siteyuk, perhaps Consimpress should at least change it on the Consimpress website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dennis,

All true, but John's a little more focused on Hunted right now, and Hunters 3rd printing is a little further down the pipeline, which is why I think he's not worried about doing all that yet.

Hopefully nobody will complain about getting -more- (Boats, maps, etc etc) LOL. But I'm sure now that he's decided to make Hunters 3rd Printing include extra materials, he'll get around to updating all that stuff and getting the word out.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will get the change made on the GMT site in September. Sorry for the confusion, but we will get it straightened out next month. We are going to call it "The Hunters with Expansion" since we will also sell the Expansion separately for those who already own the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jari H.
Finland
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds nice! Glad to hear that i can get the expansion for my 2nd print version and don't get shafted. , but please produce so many that we wont run out of them so everyone can have one if the want it (or take orders and print )...

Oh, and the game is brilliant, thanks for the makers and publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrHarmaa wrote:
This sounds nice! Glad to hear that i can get the expansion for my 2nd print version and don't get shafted. , but please produce so many that we wont run out of them so everyone can have one if the want it (or take orders and print )...

Oh, and the game is brilliant, thanks for the makers and publisher.

Hi Jari,
Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you like it.

I'm pretty sure John will take the hint from the fact the first two printings sold out pretty quickly, and will make enough of the expansion kits to sell. I would imagine he has some sort of arcane mathematical formula to determine this number X number of 2nd printing owners will probably just get a 3rd printing, and Y number of them will want a kit, and Z number of them will be unsure and complain later, then you add all those up and divide by the number of full moons in a decade then add 6. Or something like that

All joking aside, I'm sure John will print enough to go around. So keep the faith!

Take care,
Greg
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.