GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,624 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: AT-ST Durability Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the core game last evening and had a little trouble getting the AT-ST model together, particularly the moveable cannon underneath the cockpit. Both barrels now show stress where they connect to the rest of that part. For the time being, I will be storing the mini in the box it came in. However, I am concerned that one or both barrels might break off and was wondering if anyone has had that problem and/or a way to ensure this does not happen. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted Smythe wrote:
I bought the core game last evening and had a little trouble getting the AT-ST model together, particularly the moveable cannon underneath the cockpit. Both barrels now show stress where they connect to the rest of that part. For the time being, I will be storing the mini in the box it came in. However, I am concerned that one or both barrels might break off and was wondering if anyone has had that problem and/or a way to ensure this does not happen. Thanks.

When assembling, put the pieces in hot water just long enough to soften them and they will easily fit together. This is a very common concern and was the subject of many threads when the game released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on whether you put the turret in upside down or not you can pivot it all the way under the cockpit during storage to help protect it. I discovered this by mistake when I realized I put mine in upside down and decided to leave it like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ted Smythe wrote:
However, I am concerned that one or both barrels might break off and was wondering if anyone has had that problem and/or a way to ensure this does not happen.

My kids have broken many X-Wing, Imperial Assault, and Epic Duels minis, including both barrels on the AT-ST. Krazy Glue (specifically that brand) works wonders. (Just don't get it on your fingers!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.