11 Posts

Dixit» Forums » Rules

Subject: So many scoring questions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
I picked the latest English version of Dixit. Product code :2015-2/DIX01US/CHP001.

I noticed that a lot of the player aids seem to missing the "bonus points" for scoring. I came to forum to get come clarification and there appears to be a lot of confusion on point scoring.

The instructions read
"If at least one player, but not all players have found the active player's card:
-Active player: 3 points
-Players who found the card: 3 points (+1 bonus points per vote on his/her card."

I read this as, players who did not find the active players card get no bonus points. Other threads make it seem like every player, regardless of whether they found the active players card or not, gets bonus points.

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players who didn't find the active player's card don't get any points at all.
When he is not the active player, but his card was guessed he gets 1 bonus point per guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roubosga wrote:
Players who didn't find the active player's card don't get any points at all.
When he is not the active player, but his card was guessed he gets 1 bonus point per guess.

I don't think this is correct. Not in the original Libellud version of the rules, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
This has come up before. It seems to be printed that way in some editions and not that way in other editions.

Having played lots of Dixit, it definitely plays better to give everyone the 1 point for tricking people - much more fun, much more incentive for everyone to play a good card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
This has come up before. It seems to be printed that way in some editions and not that way in other editions.

Having played lots of Dixit, it definitely plays better to give everyone the 1 point for tricking people - much more fun, much more incentive for everyone to play a good card.

I agree with this. I think the instructions above were just not well written. You should get 1 point for every person who guessed your card. This is how we have always played with various different play groups.

These rules agree (Dixit American Rules):
http://en.libellud.com/ressources

Quote:
Each player, except the storyteller, scores one point for each vote that was placed on their image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

I agree with this. I think the instructions above were just not well written. You should get 1 point for every person who guessed your card. This is how we have always played with various different play groups.

Quote:
Each player, except the storyteller, scores one point for each vote that was placed on their image.

I remember that the max amount of points you can get from others guessing your card (when you're not the storyteller) is 3 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
kennyj wrote:

Quote:

I remember that the max amount of points you can get from others guessing your card (when you're not the storyteller) is 3 points.

I've never heard that, and it's not in the rules linked in the comment you're replying to, nor in any Dixit ruleset I've seen (which all agree that each non-storyteller simply gets 1 point for each player who picks their card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
ayejae wrote:
kennyj wrote:

Quote:

I've never heard that, and it's not in the rules linked in the comment you're replying to, nor in any Dixit ruleset I've seen (which all agree that each non-storyteller simply gets 1 point for each player who picks their card).
It is from Odyssey which supports up to twelve players. At such a high player count it is necessary, but not when playing with 6 or fewer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
It is from Odyssey which supports up to twelve players. At such a high player count it is necessary, but not when playing with 6 or fewer.

Aha, interesting! Thanks for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thed Kar
msg tools
When no one finds the active player 's card every player scores two points. They still get one extra point for every player who guessed his card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thedkar wrote:
When no one finds the active player 's card every player scores two points. They still get one extra point for every player who guessed his card?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.