Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I have an idea for a fan-based expansion that would include 11 new cards added to the game. These 11 cards would make up the Pet Deck and would be drawn from during set-up for each hero just like the Trait Deck.

Some ideas for the pet abilities:

Version 1.0 (8/15/16)

-Fairy -
Combat: Heal 1 Hp to any target.
World Map: HP +2 once per Act.

-Lion -
C: Deal 2 damage to any target.
WM: Its master is immune to peril effects from Wilderness events.

-Ram -
C: Push any target.
WM: It's master is immune to peril effects from Mountain events.

-Eagle -
C: +1 Heroism to its master.
WM: Double any Heroism gained by its master each Act.

-Owl -
C: Activate any target Terrain.
WM: The Party may ignore one Global effect from an Area card once per Act.

-Hawk -
C: Target Ability gains initiative.
WM: When leveling up, its master may draw 4 ability cards instead of 3.

-Dog -
C: Add an expose token to any target.
WM: Party gets +1 to all Loot Rolls.

-Turtle -
C: +1 Shield token to its master.
WM: Double any shields gained by its master each Act.

-Elephant -
C: Move any amount of targets from one group to another group.
WM: When resting, the party ignores any negative effects and +1 HP.

-Monkey -
C: Reuse target item.
WM: When you first enter an Area with a Shop, gain 1 Silver.

-Horse -
C: Its master may make a move even if surrounded.
WM: Party gains an extra time marker each Act.

These pet cards would each be able to have dice placed on them in the range of 2-5 with either 1-2 allocations of dice. This would ensure that you almost always have a use for each die you roll, even on a bad roll.

Pets will never take damage or expose tokens and will stay adjacent to their master. They count as a hero when determining if one is surrounded. If their master falls in battle, they will join a random hero for the rest of the battle.

Anyone good with making card templates for games interested in helping bring these cards to life?

Here is a link to some cards you can print out to try this expansion:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zEMR85W_GaQWNob3RtOXl5Un...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm done with the first version of the Pet's skills for combat and the world map. I feel like this will make the Adventure portion of the game much more interesting and combat a tad easier too. But I need to test these. Any volunteers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Made some cards to use to test this Expansion:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs Schaap
Netherlands
Delft
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool!

On first glance the abilities seem a little strong compared to the standard abilities that require a specific die... but I am sure that can be fixed in testing. Perhaps a good way to bring difficulty down if someone needs that.

Lets say I cannot wait to hear some test results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matsman wrote:
Very cool!

On first glance the abilities seem a little strong compared to the standard abilities that require a specific die... but I am sure that can be fixed in testing. Perhaps a good way to bring difficulty down if someone needs that.

Lets say I cannot wait to hear some test results.

Yeah, on some of the cards in the linked file, I made it where you can only place 1 die on them, so that they are not quite as OP.

I think the coolest part of this expansion is providing the players with more interesting choices in both combat and adventure. If I have the Monkey, I really want to travel to shops. If I have the Lion, I am not as afraid of traveling forth in the wilderness. Etc. Etc.

Having so many pets with widely different abilities, makes for games that will be vastly different, which just plays off of what is already a strong point in AoD.

Also allowing the pets to factor in as a hero in regards to being surrounded, opens up a lot more opportunity to utilize the terrain in Assault on Doomrock: Doompocalypse with Maneuver.

I'm looking forward to testing these things soon myself and I will add in session report(s) when I do. Currently however, Star Trek: Frontiers in on my table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added in some black icons for the animals on the cards as well as created the tokens for each one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.