Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason why the Age of Darkness & Age of Enlightenment expansions wouldn't work with this version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why shouldn't they work with this version?

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Physical component issues, for example. Sometimes when versions change, things like card sizes or card backs incompatibly change (though I guess in this game the only place that would potentially matter are the event decks I think?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing.

Offhand, are the backs of the Age of Darkness & Enlightenment the same as the ones in the Deluxe edition (in case any cards from the expansions are shuffled into decks from the base set)?

And as already mention too, are the sizes of the expansions the same in the deluxe edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The size of the cards have never been changed since 1996 when the Catan Card game was published for the first time. Of course there might be some slightly differences in the colors of the backs, which can be seen when directly compared, but I have never have problems concerning this in a game. More distinctive differences of the colors of the pictures also have no effect on playing the game.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Abruzzi
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Should be a couple of the promos that come in it are for the expansions. Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.