$35.00
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

...this morning, just to make my life more interesting, I dropped the 24 inch concrete basin to my wife's favorite fountain. She's heartbroken, and I've so far been unable to locate a replacement. Of course, when things go south, I turn to Chit Chat to save me.

Anyone know where I can find this? (Minus the chunk of concrete I knocked off by dropping it, of course?) The basin is 24 inches across, both front to back and in width.

I've found a couple by googling that are close, but nothing that is close enough to work. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't you just take some nice clay-textured epoxy, fill in the missing chunk, sand, and paint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's plan B - I'm not very crafty, and I'm unsure of the results. But you're right - it's probably a better bet than trying to find an exact match.

edited to add: if anyone has any tips/trips for repairing the chip, I'd gladly listen. Two pieces came off; I may be able to use some expoxy or something similar (concrete patching material, maybe?) to reaffix. It still wouldn't be like-new, but probably better than me trying to sand a new piece into shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could go to Home Depot... and look at the cost of dog houses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
Two pieces came off; I may be able to use some expoxy or something similar (concrete patching material, maybe?) to reaffix. It still wouldn't be like-new, but probably better than me trying to sand a new piece into shape.

Yeah, if you still have the pieces, just epoxy them back on, and just fill in any tiny missing pieces with a patching material. I doubt you'd be able to tell once things weather unless you look really close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb

Fix it with Kintsugi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.