Subject: Insane Condition and Monster Movement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett Daniel
United States
White Bluff
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hi, I was just playing a game and had a couple questions. It's really fun but I just botched the game I was playing. When I "tabbed out (on mobile)" during a monster movement to research my question and came back it was back on the investigator phase and had ended the turn I was on. I thought it saved right after my actions though so I hit end turn again. A mythos event spawned some darkness which didn't happen last time along with new attacks. Noticing I forgot to move my monster last turn and getting a different mythos event, I closed the app again. I looked in the message log to see what had saved, I saw that I had wasted at least two full turns and in the process ignored many monster attacks and movements (the log said end turn twice). Very confused and the game botched now, I think I'll restart. Aside from a wasted couple hours I'm disappointed I already know some of what happens. This isn't really my question though, just a warning to not be dumb like me and don't leave the app without saving.

Insane condition spoiler:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
. My first question had to do with an insane condition: Spread the Truth. Playing solo, I would have to have the 2 evidence to win at all, right? It is supposed to be a 1+ player card after all. Or would my other investigator win and he lose or something? I went off the card saying "you" as a player and that brings me to the other part of this: Does the insane investigator have to have both or can the win conditions be met if I have the evidence with any investigator? In a 2+ player game he'd obviously have to have both, but here the card again says "you," so can I just have them with any investigator? I feel like I was about to win but would've gone out looking for that evidence before I tried to win.

My second question was about monster movement. The app told me to move the Star Spawn "up to one space to be adjacent to as many investigators as possible." I could then choose to be attacked or say no one was adjacent. The absence of "toward" and the presence of "up to" confused me. I would've understood "move this monster one space toward the nearest investigator" or maybe even "move this monster one space to be in range of as many investigators as possible," but it didn't say that. Moving him one space wouldn't make him adjacent to anyone, and it did say up to, not a flat 1. That makes him seen like he'd just sit there until I was closer, but then he seems kinda useless in the fight I was having. I could see it going either way so I came here and now I have to restart my game.

What do you guys think about these? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GoldenBoy99 wrote:

My second question was about monster movement. The app told me to move the Star Spawn "up to one space to be adjacent to as many investigators as possible." I could then choose to be attacked or say no one was adjacent. The absence of "toward" and the presence of "up to" confused me. I would've understood "move this monster one space toward the nearest investigator" or maybe even "move this monster one space to be in range of as many investigators as possible," but it didn't say that. Moving him one space wouldn't make him adjacent to anyone, and it did say up to, not a flat 1. That makes him seen like he'd just sit there until I was closer, but then he seems kinda useless in the fight I was having. I could see it going either way so I came here and now I have to restart my game.

What do you guys think about these? Thanks.

Up to one space means if it is already adjacent, then you don't need to move it, if it's not, move it one space if that would make it adjacent. If neither work, click "no investigators in range" on the app (or whatever the equivalent message is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Daniel
United States
White Bluff
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification! I assumed the Star Spawn would want to move in on me but I suppose it'd get that chance later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.