Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got an email reply from the marketing director at Mayfair, she was happy to inform me that Mayfair holds all the licences for the All Creatures Big and Small line and they are turning the gears to get it out "Next Summer."

My assumption is that they have a few other things with the main line that they want to revamp and get out first but I thought this was great news for someone who does not want to sell their liver to pay for the current edition stuff!

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another expansion would also be nice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. While I'm glad to hear of an approximate time frame, next summer is a lot longer than I had hoped for. I was really making headway into turning some people into board gamers and this was the next game I'm pretty confident they would like. I'm worried their appetite will be less by that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
Thanks for the information. While I'm glad to hear of an approximate time frame, next summer is a lot longer than I had hoped for. I was really making headway into turning some people into board gamers and this was the next game I'm pretty confident they would like. I'm worried their appetite will be less by that time.

Indeed, its always hard when the game everybody likes is the one thats out of print, you could always fish around a bit to similar interests.

Since they like Agricola, you might get mileage with regular Pandemic. I get a lot of non-gamers in with Love Letter. There's even 2 player 7 Wonders Duel you could try for the 2-player experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorfinger wrote:

Since they like Agricola, you might get mileage with regular Pandemic.

Those games do not have much in common.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexendoktor wrote:
Gorfinger wrote:

Since they like Agricola, you might get mileage with regular Pandemic.

Those games do not have much in common.

My hope was to offer some other suggestions to look at, I know full well that they are not the same. My game group like both fairly well so I thought, "Maybe he could look at it since its another hit with the group."

Suggest something then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. Love Letter, Archaelogy: The New Expedition and Karuba (all introductory games in my opinion) have been big hits so far. Jamaica got a lukewarm reception and Pamdemic was just okay to them. I was hoping to find a lighter Euro and I think Agricola:ACBAS would be a good fit. I think regular Agricola is a bit too heavy for this group. They get easily overwhelmed with too many rules. They are just getting into the hobby enough that they are starting to ask about other games and may start buying some themselves. Like you said though, it stinks when a game you think would be a really good fit is out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Blanchard
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I Wonder If There's Beer On The Sun.
mbmbmbmbmb
tco4545 wrote:
Another expansion would also be nice...

The current expansions are more than enough for this game. They do what good expansions are supposed to do. Add replayability and open up the game to more varied strategies.

I would actually not be surprised if they decided to add an expansion to the base game upon re-release, as the limitations of the 4 default buildings is a very common criticism of the base game. It's a pretty common later edition maneuver, and this is a game where a lot of people consider an expansion to be necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vita Est Certamine
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorfinger wrote:
Got an email reply from the marketing director at Mayfair, she was happy to inform me that Mayfair holds all the licences for the All Creatures Big and Small line and they are turning the gears to get it out "Next Summer."

My assumption is that they have a few other things with the main line that they want to revamp and get out first but I thought this was great news for someone who does not want to sell their liver to pay for the current edition stuff!

Jay

Ugh, just forked over 90.00 for the base and both expansions. Ah well, if I get as much play out of it as I expect it will be worth it. Especially compared to the thousands of dollars worth of games sitting on the shelf waiting to hit the bay.

One suggestion I would have for a revamp/reprint is to simply sell the base game and both expansions as one game. Logistically speaking it's probably a much easier release than the base game and both expansions individually. The release would get some buzz for being released as a complete game too. And since there wouldn't be need for two other box designs and guessing print quantities they could probably keep the game's overall price down or only marginally more expensive than the base games original MSRP. All you're including from a practical standpoint with two expansions is some extra punchboard. But what you'd be offering is an overwhelmingly more replayable game. It's hard ti imagine playing ACBAS without at least one expansion. Getting them all as a package deal in one box seems like a home run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
Has there been any updates on the reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
I'm also interested if there has been any news on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.