Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With mortar fire negate the entrenchment bonus along with the woods cover bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

No.

The rules say something like "Woods terrain will not reduce blah, blah," which I take to mean that the *Woods* don't help but the Entrenchment still works.

Historically branches and trunks caused mortar and artillery rounds to burst above the ground, where the fragmentation was much deadlier than when a shell burst a foot underground. Thus Woods is not good cover, but if you are in the woods it's even more important to be in a hole, or what have you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The -1 for entrenchment still counts:

Quote:
36.2 An entrenchment entitles its group to deduct one from the Fire Strength of attacks against it in addition to the terrain effects of the Terrain card it currently occupies.

So the regular 0 TEM for Woods vs. Mortar/artillery has -1 added for the entrenchment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Thats what I thought and how I played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.