Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

Short question after our first game tonight:

When i play rapid mobilization and choose a new rebel base -
does the old system where the rebel base stayed before remain
loyal to the rebels?

I had 4 Groundunits that had to went back to the old system after the reveal - this system was not marked, so neutral. But my rebel base on this system was rebel loyalty. So does this change the loyalty after the change of the base with rapid mobilization?

Thx for your help - we dicussed this point for 15 minutes and i could not find any solution to it in the reference book.

Greetings,
Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The solution in the reference book is the fact that it doesn't say anywhere that moving the base gives you loyalty in the vacated system. The base is not a system in any way and having your base in a system does nothing to that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The planet's loyalty is separate from the base's loyalty. It's possible that they are both rebel-loyal, but remember, it's also very possible that the planet is IMPERIAL loyal (which would cause it to be revealed). Revealing the base would not change loyalty of the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not to mention that some systems (remote systems, namely) can't be loyal. Though the base is loyal, the systems never would be.

It's a trade-off. If you have a loyal base on a loyal system, you can deploy units far faster and defend your base better, but it becomes more of an obvious target.

If you want the vacated system to be loyal and it's not remote, you can send Mon Mothma on a diplomacy mission. The remaining units will give her an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Drews
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thx so much for your replies.

That made this thing for me really understandable and clarified it for me.

Thumbs up for u guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gallo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
It's a trade-off. If you have a loyal base on a loyal system, you can deploy units far faster and defend your base better, but it becomes more of an obvious target.

Also, don't forget that a populous system is possible to gain Imperial loyalty, which will reveal the base. A non-populous Rebel Base doesn't have this possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.