Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Grad
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone produced the historical setup for the campaign game for the second edition game?

If so where could I find it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cezary Domalski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. I think, that good overall setup was given in David Glantz book "From Don to Dnepr", where is a fine map about operation "Rumiantsev", but this book maps not show southern part of frontline (maps end at Kharkov area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Grad
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the Glantz book you mention clownPL. It's a primary source, but the maps are a little hard to use because they are hand drawn and very congested. I was using the order of battle in the book but it's partially complicated because not all the divisions in the oob are in the book and also it appears some of the Soviet infantry double division counters combine divisions that might not have been in the same army.

I need to look it over some more to confirm.

Also I pulled out MIH's Ring of Fire but that game also did not have the historical setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Grad
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend notified me that the 1st edition game has the historical setup. BULLY!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Is that available from GMT?
[EDIT] Never mind you can use the V1 Vassal module! I could not find the Version 1 scenario/playbook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.