7 Posts

Mombasa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replacing bookeeping track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Son
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi, I'm wondering about bookeeping system.

Can I place a book on top of a flipped book?

If it is, then can I place A-book on top of flipped B or C book?

If that is also yes, then can I do that even when the original slot was crossed cut A slot?

Thanks in advance. This is an incredible, outstanding game-!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules state that you cannot place an A book on top of a B book or C book. No exceptions are made for the case where the B or C book is flipped.

So I am going to say the answers are:

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No, as #2 was *not* also Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "If (something that is not true), then (anything)," is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Son
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks Dave,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What Dave said is correct. You can place a book on top of another, even on a flipped one, but never an A book on top of a B or C book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taj Mahal, anyone?
Switzerland
Basel
Läckerli State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mombasa
Why would you want to place a book on top of a flipped book? You flip books (at a cost of 2 gold/victory points) in order to advance faster on the book keeping track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Son
Canada
flag msg tools
cornelanner wrote:
Why would you want to place a book on top of a flipped book? You flip books (at a cost of 2 gold/victory points) in order to advance faster on the book keeping track.

Um, I know it's a bit theoretical and not gonna occur often but sometimes you have to put your ink jar on the flipped book. (Suppose that you flipped that book several turns before) But if there's any book you can also achieve at your turn then you might get some rewards from that book.... I guess.

Well it was out of curiosity to be honest. I didn't have chance to feel urged to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.