Popular Tags: [View All]
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a pretty interesting game. Looking forward to seeing more. I will have to try to get a hold of a copy of the first book to read between now and when the Kickstarter happens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't read the books, but I am a big sci-fi fan so this game looks awesome to me!

I love that we have both the space & planet boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hirsh
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
Artistix wrote:
I love that we have both the space & planet boards.

Seems awfully similar to Battlestations in that regard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am tempted to back. I afraid this game might be suffering from trying to do things on too grand a scale and ending up feeling kind of "campy". I wish I didnt keep seeing the author's name all over it. I get it, he is trying to sell a book, a comic and a boardgame all at once. Does anyone else fear he might have bitten off to much? I think the icing on the cake is the Destiny Aurora badges that come as a reward at various levels. However, I might back regardless as I see some very good game mechanics and some originality. Still, the fence is so narrow for sitting on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's a lot to like here. Art looks excellent, the concept is great, reminds me of the old Traveller RPG.

But I'm concerned that the underlying gameplay, i.e. tactical skirmish, seems a bit limited, and essentially the same planetside and in space. Particularly the space board, which seems just a 1v1 dogfight as far as I can tell. Maybe the missions add more to it. Would prefer if the space side of things was less about combat, or less tactical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One potential is that the modular set up of the boards means that in future new pieces csn be made avaible that could provide additional options.

Overall I like the sound of this game and am currently backing it in Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
It does come off as a bit campy. Even the characters seem kind of cliché for sci-fi, which makes me wonder how the books are. You have the faceless badass in armor (or a robot?), you have the sexy alien girl, etc. Also, even though I'm a guy, I'm getting really tired of seeing badass women always super sexy and wearing tight and revealing clothing to combat... it's just a bit much. Meh, maybe I'm judging it too quickly.

Though I came here because I love the concept, having both space and the ground to travel to.

Though I'll wait for reviews, as I too am afraid this author bit off more than he can chew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.