Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is a silly question but can it move? I can't find where it can't but the title of the event card says it reinforces Dardanelles Forts.
Thanks.
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris! You have good questions! No, it can't move - it just defends Gallipoli. But you're right - we should have stated that somewhere.

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Hey Chris! You have good questions! No, it can't move - it just defends Gallipoli. But you're right - we should have stated that somewhere.

Herm

Great! That's how I played it. Thanks Herm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
The card itself does say, "Place on this card," which shows its effect is active and, not being on the board, implying that it can't move.

However, most players will logically want to place it in Gallipoli as a reminder rather than the card, which is OK as long as they understand the limitation.

In any event, we should have referenced it specifically in the artillery section of the rules for clarity and completeness.

Good catch, Chris.

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torr wrote:
The card itself does say, "Place on this card," which shows its effect is active and, not being on the board, implying that it can't move.

However, most players will logically want to place it in Gallipoli as a reminder rather than the card, which is OK as long as they understand the limitation.

In any event, we should have referenced it specifically in the artillery section of the rules for clarity and completeness.

Good catch, Chris.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk. It does, but then it says when Serbia is conquered to place it in Gallipoli. That's where I got a little confused I guess. But since it's reinforcing (fixed) forts, it is implied it doesn't move. Something to mention in an errata/clarification document perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, you're right, Chris. This clarification will be on the list.

Keep up the good work,

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.