Subject: Organizing the game with current insert. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Palmer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

Quick question for anyone who's had more time to try and finagle with the game components and current insert. Is there a pretty decent way of organizing the game and maintain the components really well, while I find/make an insert that can really organize the components?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 1. Remove Insert and Discard
Step 2. Put Omens in Omen Bag, put all otther class specific pieces in their own class bag. Optional: decide on meeples or cardboard where applicable and put all pieces not being used in seperate bag
Step 3. Put all bags, all tiles in box. Close box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to be glib but that is close to my solution too. I will probably bag the cards soon too and maybe sleeve since my set gets used during testing frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept the insert for now, but I basically did this:

1. Stacked the cave tiles on their side along the big column of the insert. Put the terrain tiles flat in the big side too.

2. Bagged all the non-player role cards (like the difficulty variants, etc). Put it on top of the terrain tiles.

3. Put the omen tokens in the Vast cloth bag, put it on top. Put the cave tokens/meeples (in a plastic storage container) & the character meeples in the remaining space on top.

4. Individually bag all the character roles into their own bag (so the Knight cards & tokens all go in one bag, etc), throw all of that into the small column of the insert.

5. Put all the boards & rule sheets on top.

It fits pretty well this way, although I may remake with some foamboard to have compartments that I can lift out and give to each player. Most of the player pieces fit well in ziploc bags except for the cave who has all the extra tiles to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm planning to use foamcore to make an insert as soon as i get my copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
i'm planning to use foamcore to make an insert as soon as i get my copy!

Show pics when you do this please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Sploot
msg tools
This is how I organized mine: http://imgur.com/a/4DUxK

The boxes can be bought at Staples ("Really Useful Boxes"), typically individually for around $1 each, and some Staples carry them in colors that match the character colors too. Of course, I threw out the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i received it today without any sort of problem (was really well packaged too)...

Looking at the ton of stuff in there it's not really easy to come up with a proper insert but i'm starting on working on it... ideally i would want it to be divided in many compartment to ease up set up with any number of players (you wanna do dragon vs knight? pick up those two and go... and so on)

it will take some time though in the mean time i suggest going with the solution posted by Angelo NG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SuperBrian
United States
Ringwood
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sploot wrote:
This is how I organized mine: http://imgur.com/a/4DUxK

The boxes can be bought at Staples ("Really Useful Boxes"), typically individually for around $1 each, and some Staples carry them in colors that match the character colors too. Of course, I threw out the insert.

I like this a lot. Going to look for these. I'm going to use bags for now until I get to Staples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.