11 Posts

All Things Zombie: Reloaded» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Start of Campaign game one rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A play through on my first campaign game.

I created my char, me, to start the campaign. As a Star, I have the following:
Rep 5, after all I am my own leader.
I started as a survivor, with 5 items, because I am a Rep 5.
Pistol, Baseball bat, and 3 -supplies category A.
I start in an Urban Area.
It’s a Daylight game.

I did not add any Grunts, I wanted to start by my self and see what I can do. My encounter of choice to start is SEARCH. Maybe I can find some people to rebuild the world with.
I need to find some Supplies or have someone join me to complete the SEARCH successfully.
I start with Urban map 6.

I move on the map from the left edge, fast moving, I figure I will hit a couple houses on my way up to the top edge of the map toward the Green triangle buildings. Then head for home.
I pull an event card at the start of the game for zombie setup after I move on the board, 3 zeds to start with. One to the east of me, and two north. The one that is east of me can see me so I Flip the zombie token over to the 4-3 side. The other 2 were placed on the other side of the block, behind the houses. They cannot see me. So they stay on there 3-3 side.

As I jog within the neighborhood, I only see one Zed, shambling down the street.

First activation, I roll 6 for me, 2 for Zeds. So I do not activate on my turn, the Zeds do. Its looking good for me right.

Oh, look my shoe is untied, I better tie it, don't want to trip…..as the zombie shambles toward me.

Next activation, I roll 3 for me, 5 for Zeds. I can activate, zeds cannot. My luck is changing.
I am next to a House, so I figure I'll go inside find some stuff, may some people, and get the hell out of here.

I Enter the house, not one with a colored Triangle, no card draw necessary you just get inside.

I get in through the window. Just as I start to search carefully within the house for supplies, I here noises outside.
When you search you draw an Event card, the card I draw, luck is with me, I get 3 Gangers with guns.
Two are placed on one hex adjacent to the house, the 3rd Ganger is next to them on a random die roll.

Luckily they don’t know I'm in the house, so I go through my options.
If I pass an insight test, I can run out the back door.
If I fail I'm in trouble. I only have a pistol, they have SMG, Assault rifle, and a pistol.
Well only one thing left to do, I will wait till they get on the front porch then charge them. If I get in close maybe they won't shoot if I'm within their ranks so to speak.

So I take the Insight Test, and win it. So since I'm a Star I choose to go at them now.

I take a charge into Melee test, Here we go….AAAAAHHHHH….. luck is with me, I get 1 success.
Both Gangers in the same hex get 3 successes, they are both Rep 4. The third Ganger failed , his a Rep 3.

NOTE(when you are in a single hex building and pull NPC's, they are placed outside the building. They intercept you coming out of the building per the rules. That is why they are only 2 in one hex, 1 in another. Stacking is 2 humans per hex, 4 Zeds per hex max.)

I' m on a roll, I get to charge into melee, but they fire all shots first.
That’s Not good, 3 shots from Assault rifle, 4 shots from SMG.
Assault rifle Ganger rolls 6,5,3. Smg ganger rolls 4,3,2,1. Three hits in total. The Ganger firing the Assault Rifle Rep 4, get a 10 and 9, and an 8 from the SMG Ganger Rep 4.

Checking the damage, I get Obviously Dead, and 2 Out of fight.
Now your saying OH No that is terrible, he barley played the game.

Well boys and girls don’t fret, there is a thing called STAR POWER in this game. During an encounter you have the ability to roll a number of D6 equal to your Rep to try and change the outcome of horrible things that happen to you. But if you roll badly, it can cause you to not have any star power left, and you cannot use it if your taken Out Of Fight by Zombies.
Now each success on a Star Power roll, you want 1,2,or 3 on a D6, decreases the Combat result by one level. So an Obviously Dead will go to an Out of Fight with one success, or Out of Fight will go to Carry on, no worries. You can change them all if you roll good enough. Think of it as we are all 007. Always has a plan.
So my Star Power roll I get to roll 5 dice, cause I'm a Rep 5.
On my roll I get, wait for it………….. and I am not kidding, 1, 1,2,2,3. Low numbers are good here. So with 4 successes I can take 2 to reduce the Obviously Dead to " YOU MISSED ME", and one each on the Out of Fight to" NO I'M NOT", see below for the rest of the story.

As I run through the door screaming with baseball bat in hand, I then trip and fall into the chairs on the porch. They completely missed me. I get up with bat in hand and proceed to give a beat down to the two Gangers. I take them both Out of Fight.
Now the 3rd Ganger has to takes a Reaction Test after seeing SUPERMAN, (Me) take out his buddies, he passes 0 D6 so he runs home to mama.

I now get can search the Gangers that I knocked out and see what I get.
I now have an Assault Rifle, and an SMG. I pull a card for one of the gangers and get some Ammo. I pull a card for the other one and get a Med kit.

So now I can search the house on my next activation, as I have cleared the threat. But with all the shooting they attracted 4 more zombies, its not looking good, so I think its best that I just go home on my next activation.

Next activation, Humans 6, Zeds 2. damn shoes untied again. I do not activate. Now a Zeds is one hex away from me to my right and another Zed is one hex to the south of me on the map. And 4 more close by.
Next activation Humans 3, Zeds 5. Now its time to run home to mama. So I fast move off the board.

Since I successfully completed the encounter, I roll for rep, I get a 5, I don't go up.

And that is all, but now I have some good guns do defend myself with. But the next encounter for my campaign month will be picked for me. Not to worry, I'm Lucky.

Oh, anyone got some shoes with Velcro?

Hope I didn't mess up the rules too much.

Later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Your start was similar to mine but I just crumbled when I came upon a powerful group of Gangers and didn't really know what to do next - stopped playing. This session report shows how deceptively complex this game can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
It's refreshing to see someone read the rules and then play, critique. Some miss that Star Power doesn't work against Zeds. Thanks for the post, glad you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
peterk1 wrote:
This session report shows how deceptively complex this game can be.

Good observation. Some gamers don't "get it" as they're quite experienced in other games and bring their mindset into Reloaded. Simple mechanics, but very much a challenge. Those that think otherwise usually play once or twice and "theoretically" know how the game works, yet don't understand that no two games will ever play exactly alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice write-up. I enjoyed reading it. I'll try to focus on certain points that I believe there were rules mistakes. It would be nice if Ed can confirm those so we can all learn to play the game correctly.

So here goes:

puttputt wrote:
I get in through the window. Just as I start to search carefully within the house for supplies, I here noises outside.
When you search you draw an Event card, the card I draw, luck is with me, I get 3 Gangers with guns.
Two are placed on one hex adjacent to the house, the 3rd Ganger is next to them on a random die roll.

When you meet humans while entering a building, it's your party that stays outside and the NPCs are the ones spawned inside the building.

Quote:
If I fail I'm in trouble. I only have a pistol, they have SMG, Assault rifle, and a pistol.

By 'run out the back door' I assume you mean choosing a 'Duckback' as your response after a successful In sight test. Duckback forces you to move to the nearest cover within 3 hexes. Since the nearest cover IS the building you are already in you would just stay there and take cover. There isn't any In sight response that would allow you to move away from the building.

Quote:
NOTE(when you are in a single hex building and pull NPC's, they are placed outside the building. They intercept you coming out of the building per the rules. That is why they are only 2 in one hex, 1 in another. Stacking is 2 humans per hex, 4 Zeds per hex max.)

As I mentioned above, the NPCs are placed inside the building and your party is the one that is staying outside.

All the rest seems correct rules-wise. Keep surviving! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Vasilis, thanks for the corrections, the Meeting Humans 16.0 I read wrong. oops.

As to your second point, that is correct, didn't think of that. However, since I would be outside, if I played it correctly I would go into another building right, within 3 hexes?

Again, oops read that part wrong.

Thanks
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Bowmangr wrote:
Nice write-up. I enjoyed reading it. I'll try to focus on certain points that I believe there were rules mistakes. It would be nice if Ed can confirm those so we can all learn to play the game correctly.

So here goes:

When you meet humans while entering a building, it's your party that stays outside and the NPCs are the ones spawned inside the building. Correct. When pulling an Event card entering a building,it's what's inside.2.3.2.2.How Used - Example.

Quote:

By 'run out the back door' I assume you mean choosing a 'Duckback' as your response after a successful In sight test. Duckback forces you to move to the nearest cover within 3 hexes. Since the nearest cover IS the building you are already in you would just stay there and take cover. There isn't any In sight response that would allow you to move away from the building. Correct. 8.4 Resolving In Sight Actions - Fire. If Duck back and in cover you can stay there in Duck Back - except when you pop up the In Sight is triggered again.

Quote:

As I mentioned above, the NPCs are placed inside the building and your party is the one that is staying outside.

All the rest seems correct rules-wise. Keep surviving! :meeple:

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question Ed, If I had to duck back, would I go into the building with the Gangers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
No, 7.3.3 Duck Back - Closest cover, as the Gangers are in the building that's not cover for you. So 2nd bullet point - Fast Move away from the cause if not cover within 3 hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Thanks Ed.
So, there was another house next to me, I was between 2 one Hex houses, so I would Duck Back into the other house if no other cover was within three spaces.
Witch means I would then draw another Event card to see what is inside correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
puttputt wrote:
Ok Thanks Ed.
So, there was another house next to me, I was between 2 one Hex houses, so I would Duck Back into the other house if no other cover was within three spaces.
Witch means I would then draw another Event card to see what is inside correct?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.