$30.00
Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
Citybeat: "A former toy designer wants to connect families and community through her Play Library"

Local news: "Over-the-Rhine's Play Library hopes to connect neighbors via fun and games"

Cincinnati Magazine: "Toy Around at the Play Library:
It’s all fun and games at this new public playspace in OTR."

Official website

It's certainly an interesting idea, but it seems that their target demographic is more families and casual gamers. For a hobby gamer like most of us it seems like it would have limited utility. However, they are hosting adult-oriented meetups with alcohol available- I went to one of these and it was quite fun.

They take donations of games, and I took in a couple of old standards that no longer see much play in my group - Tsuro, The Resistance, Ascension, Boss Monster, No Thanks, Red 7, etc.

Although it's not something I'm going to patronize much myself, I still think it's a cool concept that should succeed, and I hope they find a permanent location after their pop-up ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Manning
United States
Whitsett
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any program that makes toys and games more readily available to a community has my support. Children who play board games grow up to play board games as adults. This program should also help children socialize more, which is growing increasingly important in the modern digital age. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Toy lending libraries have been around for a while, but it's good to see one that's trying to bring people together.
It's great you helped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.