Libertalia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spanish Officer Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Zerby
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
If I play grab a Spanish Officer (which states I must discard my character card instead of putting it in the den) then does the dusk ability of such a character still go off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are killed before they can be placed in your den and before the dusk phase occurs. Only characters in your den perform dusk and end of campaign actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Zerby
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
But it says in the rule book, "the 'dusk' special actions are resolved at the same time and in the same order". and this is stated in the "phase 3 dusk" section of the rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. I don't have the rules in front of me, but I've always played that the dusk action happens first, and then you take a booty tile (in this case the Spanish Officer). So you get to do the dusk action before your character is killed.

ETA: having just checked the rules, they don't specifically cover this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Born-of-Ashes wrote:
No, they are killed before they can be placed in your den and before the dusk phase occurs. Only characters in your den perform dusk and end of campaign actions.

I think your confusing dusk and night action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Zerby
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Yeah, I just played it with the rules that dusk abilities still occur when you take a Spanish Officer. I would love clarification still though because in the rule book it basically says the booty tile and the officer happen simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Romano
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are only two characters that have a dusk action, the cook and the cabin boy. The cabin boy says you don't take any tiles, so the Spanish officer wouldn't effect him. The cook says you take an extra tile, so you would take two tiles (if there are 2 left), and if one was the Spanish officer, you would kill the cook and not put him in the den, still getting both tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Born-of-Ashes wrote:

I think your confusing dusk and night action.

Oops, yes I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.