Hide
3 Posts

Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does passing make you immune to spell effects that target you? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
msg tools
I'm a little confused on the mechanics of passing ...

During the draw phase, the rule book says,

"Once all cards have been placed and before they are revealed, you may state that you choose to pass. Put your cards back into your hand. If you passed, gain 2 EP."

That makes enough sense.

One confusing bit appears later in the aftermath phase, where the rule book states:

"If you played an element spell with an FX that targets Self and your target chooses to pass or is immune, you will still gain the FX that apply to Self."

This wording seems to imply that spells don't affect a target who has passed - but this is not explicitly stated anywhere else in the rule book - am I interpreting this correctly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
meefybread wrote:
I'm a little confused on the mechanics of passing ...

During the draw phase, the rule book says,

"Once all cards have been placed and before they are revealed, you may state that you choose to pass. Put your cards back into your hand. If you passed, gain 2 EP."

That makes enough sense.

One confusing bit appears later in the aftermath phase, where the rule book states:

"If you played an element spell with an FX that targets Self and your target chooses to pass or is immune, you will still gain the FX that apply to Self."

This wording seems to imply that spells don't affect a target who has passed - but this is not explicitly stated anywhere else in the rule book - am I interpreting this correctly?

It shouldn't refer to passing, just immune. I've made a note of this so thanks for bringing it up.

Passing does not make you immune to spell FX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
Great, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.