Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
For just over the next 14 hours ThinkGeek has their well known item the "Bag of Holding" messenger bag on sale from the original $50 price tag, marked down to $30 before the $7 standard shipping. You can get free shipping on the site if you spend $75 or more.

Product Link: https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/aaa5/?pfm=HP_DailyDeals_3_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ThinkGeek: Bag of Holding $30 + $7 Shipping
www.baggeek.com/hotdeals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how well does this bag do at holding board games? I've been looking for a better way to transport them to meet ups without just carrying all the boxes

tumorous wrote:

link seems to be broken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
graywolf323 wrote:
how well does this bag do at holding board games? I've been looking for a better way to transport them to meet ups without just carrying all the boxes

I'm not a fan of it. It's not really compartmentalized much, and it's not structured at all. It literally is just like throwing your stuff in a big sack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neph Ilium
United States
Parma Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
graywolf323 wrote:

tumorous wrote:

link seems to be broken?

Not so well. I got one of the ThinkGeek Bags of Holding some time back. Within two months, the zippers started to fall apart, and pull away from the bag itself. And this was just with a midweight laptop, charger, and paperwork in it.

There is no warranty on these, just a 30 day return policy. The best I was offered after mine started to fall apart was a $5 gift certificate. Since then, I've avoided buying from ThinkGeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
graywolf323 wrote:

tumorous wrote:

link seems to be broken?

You have to be signed in to baggeek to see the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Is it all right to be kind of miffed that that's clearly a misnamed Handy Haversack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nephilium wrote:
graywolf323 wrote:

tumorous wrote:

link seems to be broken?

Not so well. I got one of the ThinkGeek Bags of Holding some time back. Within two months, the zippers started to fall apart, and pull away from the bag itself. And this was just with a midweight laptop, charger, and paperwork in it.

There is no warranty on these, just a 30 day return policy. The best I was offered after mine started to fall apart was a $5 gift certificate. Since then, I've avoided buying from ThinkGeek.

As a counter story, I've had mine for years, I do quite a lot of walking with it, and it's held up wonderfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy
United States
laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
This blows. I just bought this at retail. And I had returned the first bag I bought and paid $16 to ship it back. Shity timing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
graywolf323 wrote:

tumorous wrote:

link seems to be broken?

You have to be signed in to baggeek to see the page.

even www.baggeek.com won't load for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

and for your casual drink with gaming, please see:

www.teabaggeek.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armando Gurrola
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not bad for holding stuff in general, though I only see smaller board games such as the Hive Bag, or stuff like that being useful to be carried in it. It's pretty cool overall and somewhat sturdy. I like how it looks too, but it isn't crazy compartmentalized, and is just multiple pockets. I would also recommend getting a pen holder type thing to have them not go all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Trophy Club
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in the market for a real Bag of Holding. This one only stores things in this dimension like any other bag.

Contract out an enchanter for your supply chain, fellas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize the deal is dead, but I got one of these ~ 18 months ago for carrying around my laptop and other stuff as needed. It's held up well enough for that purpose - zippers all still work and it's still in one piece. I haven't tried to strain it too often, though sometimes do fill up all of the compartments with assorted tech accessories and small games. For that price, I'd consider buying another one. The ability to use either the messenger bag or backpack configuration is appealing as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy
United States
laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
What do you mean backback configuration. I dont see any alternate hook spots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use one of these for work, and one for board gaming. Both are still going fine, zero problems - and its been a few years now.

Its only good to hold small/medium games (I use it for filler games, and personal stuff - phone, wallet, glasses etc). The biggest game in it now is The Bloody Inn. The back pocket is good for rules/player aids I've downloaded and printed (if they dont fit in the actual game box).

This and a Cajon bag, and I'm ready for action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bizfaol wrote:
What do you mean backback configuration. I dont see any alternate hook spots?

The bag of holding has backpack straps on the back side that can go into the back pouch. If you tuck them away, you can put the straps into the bottom two holes to keep the straps secured. There's a strap you can then use to use the whole as a messenger bag. (This could just be the Bag of Holding 2.0. I vaguely recall there were a couple of versions for this bag.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.