Subject: newb question #1 - bystanders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see so many cards that say "Rescue 3" or "4" even "6" bystanders. When I play I never have more than 1-2 in play at a time. Surely this doesn't mean rescue bystanders that are NOT already in play; i.e. still in the bystander deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad37 wrote:
I see so many cards that say "Rescue 3" or "4" even "6" bystanders. When I play I never have more than 1-2 in play at a time. Surely this doesn't mean rescue bystanders that are NOT already in play; i.e. still in the bystander deck?

Yes it does. When you "rescue a bystander (or any number)" you rescue them from the bystander stack not from villains, as those are now "captured bystanders". I don't have access to the rulebook right now but it's very clear. But alas have no worry, you are not the first to make this mistake (myself included)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK LOL so those cards are good for quick victory points I see !! thanks for clarifying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell B
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just for quick VP's, but also to activate some card abilities.

For example, in the Captain America set, the key word "Savoir" is only activated when you have three or more bystanders in your VP pile.

Also, look at Black Widow from the base set. One of her cards attack is directly linked to how many bystanders you have rescued, the more you have, the stronger the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Darrell. That is cool - we have not used BW or CA much. Good to know. The Hawkeye card keeps giving me extra bystanders, now I see why he would work well with those 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.