Subject: newb question #3 - artifacts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so I have an artifact revealed in my hand, it does not get discarded. Then, next turn - do I draw 5 new cards, or 6 as usual? Also, artifacts stack, right? I had 6 the other night, including 3 Drax +1 cards, seemed odd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmb
Artifacts in your hand are just cards like any other. When you play an artifact, you put it in the play area in front of you. Then it stays out there (unless some effect would KO it or discard it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so you have an artifact in your hand that you decided not to play, and therefore discarded it. Draw 6 cards as normal.

Or you played an artifact, and it stays in play, until something destroys it. (I'm not certain if you can choose to get rid of an artifact in play). At the end of your turn, draw 6 cards as normal.

You may have multiple copies of the same artifact in play.

Artifacts do stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad37 wrote:
so I have an artifact revealed in my hand, it does not get discarded. Then, next turn - do I draw 5 new cards, or 6 as usual? Also, artifacts stack, right? I had 6 the other night, including 3 Drax +1 cards, seemed odd

If i understand your question correctly, you do not discard a revealed card (it can even be revealed multiple times), and once you play an artifact it stays in play on the table and can be activated once per turn but it's class gets in play just the first time it's played and no having artifacts in play doesn't limit your drawing hand at the end of your turn (you could have 5 artifacts or more and still draw up to 6 cards at the end of each of your turns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
great responses,, what Carl says makes perfect sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
At the moment, only one card destroys artifacts to my knowledge, a mastermind tactic from Thanos, and it only destroys one. The only disadvantage I can see to playing an artifact if it's the 4th Infinity Gem that would activate the "Evil Wins" for the Infinity Gauntlet scheme, but then that player still wins, so I still don't see the problem. devil It's kind of the point of artifacts that they stack. Drax's Knives of the Hunter would be really awful as a 3-cost strength GotG card for 1 power, but when it constantly gives you +1 every turn, suddenly it becomes much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drax's "The Destroyer" card doesn't necessarily "destroy" artifacts, but it forces them to be discarded, thereby removing them from play until drawn again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.