Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really looking forward to this, and wanted to like this game...but it was easily my biggest let down of Gencon.

At this point and time, a game that carries a $50 price tag but comes with only cheap cardboard stand ups and no minis is unforgivable all by itself.

The rest of the components were pretty cheap too. The board the same layout, only with a few locations that can be changed with tokens.

If Sons Of Anarchy ended getting redlined for $20 a pop on Amazon, this one will be even cheaper in time for X-Mas.

UDE should be ashamed for putting out a game this cheaply made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still can't find any pics, videos, nothing! When does it release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Higgins
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
www.quarterstaffgames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It releases October 12th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think I'll avoid this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:

At this point and time, a game that carries a $50 price tag but comes with only cheap cardboard stand ups and no minis is unforgivable all by itself.

Uhh... what?

So, Euros don't typically do minis, so I'll avoid that comparison, but you just said games like Dead of Winter and tons of others are unforgivable. I'm not really sure of any 50 dollar titles that do minis worth a damn. Titan Race... I think that's about the only one I can think of. Most minis games are 70+ bucks.

But as dated as The Crow is, this one seemed like an odd duck anyway. Kinda like a Cryptozoic cash-in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Creating minis courts the possibility of scorn because they're not as good as CMON/GW which seems to be a common complaint these days when comparing games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Creating minis courts the possibility of scorn because they're not as good as CMON/GW which seems to be a common complaint these days when comparing games.

Eh, GW isn't as good as Malifaux, and you wouldn't want a board game with the cost of the per-mini basis they run with anyway.

CMON isn't actually that good. They started losing detail when they switched plastics around Rum and Bones time. They're still great for the price, but others have done it well enough... if they have a reason. Ain't many games out there that really make sense with minis who've done it and not succeeded at this point, besides Kickstarters.

When you get right down to it, Ameritrash style games are pretty much only produced by FFG and CMON and SodaPop hese days, or minis companies taking their shot (Mantic, PP, Mercs, and loosely, GF9).

And remember, 50 bucks is also working licensing fees into the price.

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion Man on Fire is the best (unofficial) Crow movie, followed closely by the B-movie romp of Crow 4 (Dennis Hopper, Tara Reid, David Boreanas, and the kid from Terminator 2/Pet Semetary 2..). The Eric Draven story is the same melodramatic crap as Twilight, just more killing and sex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd include FFP (Flying Frog Publishing) in that list of Ameritrash publishers that consistently put out games featuring miniatures. I learned how to paint courtesy of painting their games. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
I'd include FFP (Flying Frog Publishing) in that list of Ameritrash publishers that consistently put out games featuring miniatures. I learned how to paint courtesy of painting their games. shake

Ah, true... they got decent with Shadows of Brimstone. Mold lines still a thing, but I like the multipart assembly thing over the terrible gaps that happen in others (Myth, FFG factory- assembled stuff).

But yeah, they do pure, good Ameritrash. Ha. Technically Twilight Creations does minis, but it's not good, and they're not great minis, either... just rubber blobs, like most the early Frog stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan de Konde
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
being a fan of the movie, what is the gameplay like? i dont worry too much if there are no Minis, but if the game itself sucks it would be even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Palmer
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
www.thecrankyoldgamer.com
mbmbmbmbmb
zbv500 wrote:
being a fan of the movie, what is the gameplay like? i dont worry too much if there are no Minis, but if the game itself sucks it would be even worse.

Finally a reasonable question. I don't care if it doesn't have minis or tiles, but I cannot find a single review or gameplay breakdown anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a video out now. I've mixed feelings, I like the theme, but some aspects of the game seem a bit odd.
I'd like to know more but the game ain't easy to find here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.