Subject: Alpha, Bravo, Bravo, Delta, Echo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just want to make sure, before I contact Matagot, that both sides are supposed to have a Charlie map for the Radio Operator. I opened up my copy and sorted out the sheets to find that I have two Bravo maps for the yellow radio operator

Actually, while I'm posting, is there really a plastic film on the clear sheets like the little piece of paper it came with says? My wife and I have both taken a look at it and can't find an edge to peel up but maybe we're missing something.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
My copy came with all the sheets in random order, some upside down and/or flipped over, with an extra yellow radio operator charlie map. Because of the haphazard packaging of the sheets, I'm not surprised there are multiple reports of missing and misprinted ones.

To make sense of what I had, I separated the sheets by team, then ordered them captain A-E, radio operator A-E, first mate, then engineer. Then I made sure that the turn-based and real-time sides for each sheet were correct.

Both of my transparencies came with plastic film on them, but only on one side each. You can tell that it is there by the foggy haze and air bubbles on the film side, and texture differences on opposite sides. I got film-removal started with some difficulty by lightly scratching a corner, and found it to be a bit nicer with the film off. The film seemed to be fused to the sheet, even up to the very edges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Stinson
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has 3 blue Bravo maps and only 1 blue Alpha map. Map packaging seems to be a common problem. I sent information to Matagot, I hope to hear from them soon, I can't play Alpha map unless I make a bunch of copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is missing the Blue Engineer board, plus two of the other maps - totally unplayable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hess
msg tools
I just received my copy and am also missing some maps. I am missing two yellow Charlies and one blue Bravo. Seems to be an issue with packaging. I reached out to Matagot and am awaiting a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized that I never came back to this thread.

I ended up emailing Matagot who forwarded it on to Asmodee, who is apparently handling requests in the US. I just received an email on Friday saying that Asmodee shipped out the missing map board to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
javier Polo
Spain
flag msg tools
Did they finally answer you? I'm in Europe (Spain), missing 3 map sheets, just posted a ticket in Matagot site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.