Subject: Small thank you to Poots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
When the Gencon exclusives were first revealed a lot of people, me included, were fairly negative about having to buy duplicate figures to get the cards. After the hubbub Poots announced the cards would be released separately alongside the already released figures. The uproar died out pretty much immediately, but in the general excitement of the 'con and people went on to other things.
I know he lurks here so thank you. I've poured more money than I care to admit into Kingdom Death, it's nice to see that kind of consideration given so quickly for the fans. It's not as common as you'd think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, on a similar note, his interviews seemed really honest and interesting. For example, with the Lantern Festival he basically just admitted it didn't seem good enough and needed a complete re-work, and then went into some of the potential changes for the 1.4 edition. I really appreciate that kind of candor.

You can tell this guy is really trying to do what's best for his game and his fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason it appears that the cliche-distant image of Adam poots which has been created around him looks like very far away from what some fellow posters have written, and I am glad to read so. What goes without doubt is the fact that kdm is a labour of love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
Would you have a link to the said interview by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Day
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is the only one I have seen so far.

http://techraptor.net/content/gen-con-kingdom-death-monster-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw two interviews; this is the other one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rnl-CPJ94Q
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
I saw two interviews; this is the other one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rnl-CPJ94Q

Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that one yet. A bit of new info and interesting to hear Adam talk a bit more about the world.

I was thinking about spidicules a few months ago and whether it was based on a real species, best I thought of was daddy longlegs so cool to hear that mentioned. I like the fact that in reality they are harmless to humans but in the game the tables are turned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure he was only referring to the cards associated with figures that were released during the kickstarter. A card pack will be available for those specific figures since there is a high chance we already own them. The rest of them that were brand new releases @ gencon we will still have to purchase to get their cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Shu1984 wrote:
For some reason it appears that the cliche-distant image of Adam poots which has been created around him looks like very far away from what some fellow posters have written, and I am glad to read so. What goes without doubt is the fact that kdm is a labour of love.

I wouldn't call him distant, just far too busy to fit everything in the day. Which, as a side effect, makes you appear distant if what you are focused on at the moment isn't what everyone else is focused on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
IASeldon wrote:

I wouldn't call him distant, just far too busy to fit everything in the day. Which, as a side effect, makes you appear distant if what you are focused on at the moment isn't what everyone else is focused on.

He also has a baby, yes? He probably hasn't slept in the last few years! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Frederiksen
Denmark
Nivaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is quite remarkable what Adam is doing, delivering a fantastic game and in a relative short time releases alot of really good expansions. Then when one of the expansions while almost done, shows to be well below the quality of the others, he just takes it back on the working table. Alot of the big companies out there would have just released the expansion and let people hate or love it, since it would sell due to the base game and other expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say in a lot of ways I admire and am jealous of Poots. The guy gave up a 9-5 life to do what he truly loves. And he is great at it. I know behind all that success is a never ending stream of hard work from him but I definitely admire what he has been able to accomplish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity; did anyone take or ask for a photo with Poots at Gencon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
He keeps coming out all blurred out in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.