$15.00
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the die roll made for Resources? Is it every opportunity that NP Aedui could give or Romans could receive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quoting 8.6.6:
Quote:
However, the Non-player Aedui will transfer four Resources to the Romans at each instant that...

I take this to mean that the transfer occurs (or is tested) any time the conditions apply, although I would still restrict to when a transfer is actually allowed (either faction's turn).

As I write this, I wonder how literally this should be taken. I assume you could roll only once on a faction's turn. But can the Roman player then try repeatedly on subsequent turns while the conditions apply (essentially until die roll success) ? I would say so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuller quotation from 8.6.6, with emphasis added:

Quote:
.... at each instant that Roman Resources drop below two while the Aedui have more than eight ...

So whenever Roman Resources go from 2 or more to below 2 (and the Aedui are still rich enough) is such an instant, and a new check is made.

In other words, there must be a change in Roman Resources to trigger this possible Aedui giving.

Regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shonai Dweller
Japan
flag msg tools
So, to clarify, could this happen on another factions turn? For example if Arverni or Belgae raid Romans or use a card to reduce Roman resources to below 2, would transfer happen instantly without having to wait for the next Roman/Aedui turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shonai_Dweller wrote:
So, to clarify, could this happen on another factions turn? For example if Arverni or Belgae raid Romans or use a card to reduce Roman resources to below 2, would transfer happen instantly without having to wait for the next Roman/Aedui turn?

No. Transfers can only occur when one of the two Factions are executing an Event or Command. (1.5.2, 1st bullet) I would assume, then, that the check is either done immediately (and the Resources transferred ASAP), or done when the transfer is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is quite a fine point!

We must read 8.6.6's "at each instant" and "drop below two" as immediate, both regarding the check (the roll) and any transfer.

So, Phil's first option must be the answer. That is, if Arverni or Belgic Raiding during that Faction's action drops Roman Resources from 2 or more to 1 or 0, the NP Aedui are not permitted by 1.5.2 at that instant to transfer Resources to the Romans, and the Romans are out of luck (NP Aedui won't transfer) until Roman Resources by some other means get back to 2 or more, and then again drop below 2.

Well done rooting that out -- I don't believe that I have come across this precise situation before!

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
So this is quite a fine point!

We must read 8.6.6's "at each instant" and "drop below two" as immediate, both regarding the check (the roll) and any transfer.

So, Phil's first option must be the answer. That is, if Arverni or Belgic Raiding during that Faction's action drops Roman Resources from 2 or more to 1 or 0, the NP Aedui are not permitted by 1.5.2 at that instant to transfer Resources to the Romans, and the Romans are out of luck (NP Aedui won't transfer) until Roman Resources by some other means get back to 2 or more, and then again drop below 2.

Well done rooting that out -- I don't believe that I have come across this precise situation before!

Volko

Picky, picky Aedui! Don't they know we have a campaign to run over here?! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.