Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the rulebook and the player aid suggest the clean-up phase steps in different orders. Which is correct?

Player Aid:
1. Refill Market
2. Discard Cards
3. Draw up to 4

OR

Rulebook:
1. Discard Cards
2. Draw up to 4
3. Refill Market

We found this to have a big impact on play because you can make a much different choice on what cards to discard based on what's available in the market.

Just for additional clarification... I'm assuming that you only add coins to top bun cards during the Burger Up phase on a turn when someone claims a top bun, and not EVERY cleanup phases. Is that correct? I assume that's the way it should work, but my wife has been playing a lot of Castles of Mad King Ludwig lately and thought it might possibly be otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even notice the discrepancy. We have played it:

1. discard / refill hand
2. refill market

Sometimes someone forgot to refill the hand while the market was already refilled. In that case we refilled the hand after the market. Non of us has ever made use of discarding I think.

Regarding the coins: we forgot these, too I assume they are only added every time a bun was claimed and a new bun is drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
I didn't even notice the discrepancy. We have played it:

1. discard / refill hand
2. refill market

Sometimes someone forgot to refill the hand while the market was already refilled. In that case we refilled the hand after the market. Non of us has ever made use of discarding I think.

Regarding the coins: we forgot these, too I assume they are only added every time a bun was claimed and a new bun is drawn.

This is how we play as well. Oh man, we also continually forget to add the stupid coins to the old orders, I don't know why it's so hard to remember. I believe it only makes sense that the coins are added once a new order is being placed into the orders area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parkes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the eagle-eyed catch!

The intent is definitely for the player to have as much information as possible, so that they can make an informed and tactical decision. Therefore, the Player Aid has the correct order for the Clean Up phase.

Regarding adding coins, you're correct and you only add them as part of drawing/replacing a claimed top Bun, not every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. We'll use it for our second
play commencing...now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Buechler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you discard during the cleanup phase even if you're at or under four cards in your hand? Or, do you only discard if you have more than four cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
megashub wrote:
Can you discard during the cleanup phase even if you're at or under four cards in your hand? Or, do you only discard if you have more than four cards?

Yep. The rules say, "you may discard any number of Ingredient cards from your hand". I believe the intent of the rules is that you can discard anything regardless of how many you have. And then draw up to 4 if you don't have 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Buechler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
megashub wrote:

Yep. The rules say, "you may discard any number of Ingredient cards from your hand". I believe the intent of the rules is that you can discard anything regardless of how many you have. And then draw up to 4 if you don't have 4.

Thanks, Jack. Matt, can you weigh in too, just for the official confirmation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thorphin wrote:
megashub wrote:

That is also how we understood it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parkes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jack is correct, the rules as written and as intended are that you can discard any number of cards, up to and including your entire hand if you want to, to allow you to search for a certain ingredient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Andy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep the top buns in order so the newest is always on the left and the oldest is always on the right. Then it's much easier to notice that the newest bun is empty and presumably the other buns need a +$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.