Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to the community,

I have a question about Map of the Ley Lines: this Tome gives you +1 Lore and +1 Will.
If I have another item that grants me, say, +3 Lore, is it okay to apply the +3 bonus from that item and sill use the +1 to Will from the Map, or do I have to apply the two bonuses even if I have another item that provides a higher bonus?

The reference guide says, under 'Tests', that "If multiple effects provide a bonus, [use] only the highest bonus."
Would that apply here, even though the item in question provides two different bonuses?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiser wrote:
Hello to the community,

I have a question about Map of the Ley Lines: this Tome gives you +1 Lore and +1 Will.
If I have another item that grants me, say, +3 Lore, is it okay to apply the +3 bonus from that item and sill use the +1 to Will from the Map, or do I have to apply the two bonuses even if I have another item that provides a higher bonus?

The reference guide says, under 'Tests', that "If multiple effects provide a bonus, [use] only the highest bonus."
Would that apply here, even though the item in question provides two different bonuses?

Thanks for your help.

That's fine, you use the highest bonus for whichever test you're doing at the time. So you'll either be testing Will (in which case you go "ok, +1 from the map") or you're testing Lore, in which case you use the +3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks so much for the prompt reply!

P.S. What are you doing up so early on a Sunday morning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiser wrote:
Perfect, thanks so much for the prompt reply!

P.S. What are you doing up so early on a Sunday morning?

Playing games, what else?

(Android Netrunner Nationals as it happens...!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see! Good luck, then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.