Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Teague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The portion of the solo rules talking about the Random player selecting markets for investment I find very unclear. The section in question is the titled "Investing in Open Markets." Here the rules state...

"At the start of the game, for each open market, roll 2 dice to determine Random's market investments [Random is the name given to the AI player].

-On a roll of 1-3, place an agent on the indicated investment space on the market card...
-On a roll of 4, only place an agent if the market is a major market or secondary market...
-On a roll of 5, only place an agent if the market is a major market...
-On a roll of 6, place an agent on the highest open space...
-On a roll of doubles...

The only way I can interpret this is that each die roll holds the potential for placing one of Random's agents. Thus, a roll of a 1 and a 3 would mean placing two agents--one at spot 1 and one at spot 3. Okay...got it. I understand doubles except what if I roll double 4's for a market card that has only 3 investment spots...or double 5's for a secondary market card? Also, what happens if I roll a 4 and a 5 for a market card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
I found this a bit non-obvious when I read it, but on trying it out it seemed to work. You roll the two dice and if a result is higher than the number of resources on the market card, just ignore it. The only exception is if you get a 6, when you take the highest resource on the card.

If you get doubles, ignore the second roll unless it's a double-6, when you take the top two resources.

I'm sure this could have been expressed more clearly in the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Teague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought...just ignore anything for which there is no obvious effect on that particular card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap! I've ready this section of the rules multiple times and it never occurred to me this is how to interpret the rules.

My interpretation was way more complex. This should make the solo game a lot faster to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.