Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested to hear what version of the crown cards people are using - the direct purchase, or completing the missions?

I quite like the buying the cards, as it keeps the game going at a crisp pace, and makes a win more likely earlier. But I can see that the missions may lead to some interesting gambits.

Any thoughts on which leads to a better game experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All depends on what experience you want. You hit it on the head. Quicker game= buy the cards.
More thematic game= missions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them for purchase only because the missions are really tough.

Though does feel like they're a way under priced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
I like them for purchase only because the missions are really tough.

Though does feel like they're a way under priced.

Maybe. It would be easy to house rule a higher price. But since you can only buy one a round, there is a natural limit.

I would say the price of crown cards is effectively a game timer. Lower price = quicker game; higher price = longer game. Of course, with the cards, you also forego the potential to become a runaway leader.

I wondered though, with the mission cards, are the benefits substantial enough to also speed up the game? Seems they might chivvy things along a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.