Subject: Can Searing Warpfire really do 18 damage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Westlake Village
California
flag msg tools
Seems a little high, so not sure if I am reading it correctly.

Gaunt Summoner, Searing Warpfire:
dice: D6
range: missile
hit: 3+
damage: D3

So the max dice I could roll is 6, the most that could hit is 6, the max damage each could do is 3, for a grand total of 18 total damage. My quick calculations of the average damage come out to four and two thirds, so I suppose as long as it hits someone with heavy armor it is not quite a one shot kill on average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Armor is a big factor, as someone like the Stormcast could shrug off the entire 'hit' half of the time.

Still, D6 attack dice is huge, as it forces the heroes to drown in saves. By my (very Math-hammery) calculations the attack yields:

2.91 Wounds to a Hero with a 6+ save
2.32 Wounds to a Hero with a 5+ save
1.75 Wounds to a Hero with a 4+ save
1.16 Wounds to a Hero with a 3+ save

so even if the Summoner rolls average, the heroes can't soak more than one of these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth remembering as well that the Summoner doesn't always get to use this attack that often based on his behaviour chart, and by the time you face him everyone will probably have a few treasures and skills which may help out too if they boost defence or cancel wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.